BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SUTD
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
Jinkai

Jinkai has a neutral reputation
Default SUTD application outcomes

Not alot of threads here about SUTD, so I'll start the ball rolling. Has anyone gotten an offer of acceptance? I have, and I would really like to see who has also.

Cheers.
Jinkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
GCE0055

GCE0055 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkai View Post
Not alot of threads here about SUTD, so I'll start the ball rolling. Has anyone gotten an offer of acceptance? I have, and I would really like to see who has also.

Cheers.
ur grades?
GCE0055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Jinkai

A-Level Grades: AAAA | GP A | PW A

Regards.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
muggermaniac

muggermaniac has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkai View Post
A-Level Grades: AAAA | GP A | PW A

Regards.
i'm curious. what makes you so interested in applying to SUTD with such excellent grades??
muggermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:32 AM   #5
Jinkai

Well...the short answer would be that I'm interested in technology and design. =) Not to mention the broad-based curriculum and collaborators involved makes for something potentially interesting. I know one big concern that most people have is the unestablished-ness of this new uni, but to say that good grades does not equate with considering SUTD? I'm curious as to why you think that.

Cheers.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #6
muggermaniac

muggermaniac has a neutral reputation

one of the SUTD's objectives is to accommodate and allow more poly grads (specifically in design/tech) to further their studies locally.

but you are right too. perhaps, couple of years down the road, this uni could become the next "SMU", and give the other unis a run for their money.
muggermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
abcdefgh

abcdefgh has a neutral reputation

I've got a place and i've accepted it, got 4H2 As
abcdefgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
cherlj

cherlj has a neutral reputation

Hey I've got a place too, but have yet to accept it. I got 6As as well. One reason why I chose to apply to SUTD was because of the architecture pillar, and I believe that the school will offer me a more broad-based education than if I went to the programme offered by NUS.

I think it is a common misconception that students will apply to SUTD because they are unable to make it to the present three public universities. What makes SUTD so appealing to me is the interdisciplinary nature of its programmes, with the emphasis on design at its core. Therefore I guess SUTD was created to appeal to a niche group of students who have a particular interest in engineering (with a great emphasis on design) or architecture (traditionally already design-centred).

About the accommodation of poly grads, I believe the SIT (Singapore Institute of Technology) was set up for that purpose (the school requires local applicants to present a poly diploma as a basic admission requirement) SIT was created to built upon the existing collaborations between local polys and overseas institutions, while increasing the opportunities for a university-level education. SIT offers a really interesting array of 'industry-focused' degrees ranging from design to hospitality to engineering.
cherlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
frozenheart

frozenheart has a neutral reputation
Send a message via MSN to frozenheart

Hi guys, does anyone of you know what degree program SUTD offers?
frozenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:14 AM   #10
mashimaro

mashimaro has a neutral reputation
Default gap year?

i heard that sutd wont start operation until 2011? so wont those who applied have to take a gap year before starting uni? that was my main concern for not applying to sutd. of course this wouldnt be the case for guys serving ns now.
mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote