BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Scholarships Application Process
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
SuperCherry

SuperCherry has a neutral reputation
Default Don't meet scholarship academic requirements = No chance at all?

As above.

I recently graduated from JC, and am interested in applying for some overseas scholarship. However, my 'A' level grades are less than stellar:

GP: A
PW: A
H2 PCMH: BBAC

('O' Level Higher Chinese: B)

I am very interested in pursuing a career in academia, and as such, I'm looking at scholarships like the MOE-AU scholarship, A*STAR, and DSTA undergrad. However, I know these scholarships are highly selective, and some of them like A*STAR and DSTA have stated specific academic requirements that I am not able to fulfill (e.g. 3 H2 Science As).

Is all hope lost? Should I even try to apply for it? I have a very good CCA record - I took part in international competitions representing Singapore in science - and I think my teacher recommendations should be very good as well. The reason I'm asking is because I have to get recommendations for these scholarships, and I don't really want to trouble my teachers if there is no hope at all.

Please advise!
SuperCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #2
Liao

Liao has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCherry View Post
As above.

I recently graduated from JC, and am interested in applying for some overseas scholarship. However, my 'A' level grades are less than stellar:

GP: A
PW: A
H2 PCMH: BBAC

('O' Level Higher Chinese: B)

I am very interested in pursuing a career in academia, and as such, I'm looking at scholarships like the MOE-AU scholarship, A*STAR, and DSTA undergrad. However, I know these scholarships are highly selective, and some of them like A*STAR and DSTA have stated specific academic requirements that I am not able to fulfill (e.g. 3 H2 Science As).

Is all hope lost? Should I even try to apply for it? I have a very good CCA record - I took part in international competitions representing Singapore in science - and I think my teacher recommendations should be very good as well. The reason I'm asking is because I have to get recommendations for these scholarships, and I don't really want to trouble my teachers if there is no hope at all.

Please advise!
I would advise you not to apply for these scholarships now since A' Level results are the first thing scholarship boards look at. I would advise you to go into a course you like in NTU/NUS, do well in your first semester/year (GPA 4.5 and above out of 5.0), then apply to these organizations using your university results. All the best... It is not the end yet.
Liao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
JY9

JY9 has a neutral reputation
Default Eligible for scholarship? Don't mind bond with big company

Hi my result is considered decent i guess.
PCME H2:AAAB
Higher chinese: A
PW:B
GP:E
I admit gp was unexpected. Any chances?
JY9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:28 PM   #4
JensenDrake2

JensenDrake2 has a neutral reputation

Studying at a top university is often an expensive choice to make, but there is money out there for you. If you've just emptied the last of your coins from your piggy bank and your account is still in the red, don't despair. This guide will give you the starting point you need for a successful scholarship application.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:18 PM   #5
crystalstream

crystalstream has a neutral reputation

Hi, with regards to conditional offers from the early cycle, would the scholarship be terminated if one does not meet the stipulated grades?
crystalstream is offline   Reply With Quote