BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Scholarships Application Process
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
darkchocs

darkchocs has a neutral reputation
Default NUS Asean Undergraduate Scholarship

Has anyone been offered this scholarship or gone down for interview?

From what i have read in one of the threads, there are seniors who were awarded this scholarship without an interview. kind of like this scholarship is based on grades only. May i know the min grades to get shortlisted for this scholarship?
darkchocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
tianey

tianey has a neutral reputation

There is no interview for ASEAN Scholarship You will be automatically considered for this as long as you are applying to NUS and are a citizen of an ASEAN country (eg. Thailand, Vietnam, etc.) I'm not too sure of the minimum grades to get this scholarship, but heard that NUS ASEAN Scholarship is harder to get than SMU ASEAN Scholarship, probably because there's more applicants to NUS? I got this Scholarship and I got 44 points for IB, and my friend who got 7 As for A level also got this scholarship.
tianey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
darkchocs

darkchocs has a neutral reputation

i see. thanks
darkchocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
ray2_cool

ray2_cool has a neutral reputation

I'm going to NUS this August. I got the scholarship without any interview as well. However, it's been one month since I've accepted their offer but I've got no further reply from them.

Can someone please tell me when will they give me a reply or confirmation or something?
ray2_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
ihaveadream

ihaveadream has a neutral reputation
Default NUS ASEAN Scholarship

Hi. I am just curious about the NUS ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship. May I know whether we can get a chance to get shortlisted only when u have been accepted into a course in NUS or after u have accepted the course? I just got my NUS pharmacy course on 26 May, which is very late and I have not accepted the offer..

I really hope to get the scholarship. Is it kinda over already or what is the chance of getting the scholarship anyway? I didnt score that well for A level. A for H2 Chem, H2 Bio and H2 Math and B for H2 Econ and GP.
ihaveadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Zyvroklsayt

Zyvroklsayt has a neutral reputation

I think it should be offered slightly after you're offered your course, i.e. it is not dependent on whether you've accepted their offer. After all, it wouldn't make sense to only offer after you've accepted the offer, right? Especially if the scholarship is meant as a sort of encouragement to 'come study with us'.

Don't worry, if you're going to be offered it, you will get it (kinda circular reasoning, that). Law also released its admission results really late, and I too received a ASEAN offer pretty late as well.
PGP Resident (08/09, 09/10Sem1), Raffles Hall Resident (09/10Sem2)
Email: [email protected]

Rule 2 from The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates: "A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on."
Zyvroklsayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
Zyvroklsayt

Zyvroklsayt has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray2_cool View Post
I'm going to NUS this August. I got the scholarship without any interview as well. However, it's been one month since I've accepted their offer but I've got no further reply from them.

Can someone please tell me when will they give me a reply or confirmation or something?
Try calling the University Admissions Office to see whether they've received your acceptance. Never hurts to check directly with them.
PGP Resident (08/09, 09/10Sem1), Raffles Hall Resident (09/10Sem2)
Email: [email protected]

Rule 2 from The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates: "A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on."
Zyvroklsayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #8
V4W

V4W has a neutral reputation

Eh. I was given a place in DDP Chem Engine and Bizad in late April but have not received any mails regarding ASEAN scholarship. Does that mean I'm already rejected? I got 6As, 1 dist and a B for gp... Do they send their offer via post/email/call?
V4W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:01 PM   #9
Jasmine855

Jasmine855 has a neutral reputation
Default Update 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchocs View Post
Has anyone been offered this scholarship or gone down for interview?

From what i have read in one of the threads, there are seniors who were awarded this scholarship without an interview. kind of like this scholarship is based on grades only. May i know the min grades to get shortlisted for this scholarship?
HI!! I am interested in this scholarship. Does these info still apply?
Jasmine855 is offline   Reply With Quote