BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas > Australia
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:38 PM   #11
Edmonton

Edmonton has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoseh View Post
Try the australian unis as early as possible because fees will only go up each year.

There are a couple of australian unis (undergrad degrees) that accept those with a prior degree. Ask around or go to an agent.

But applying to and possibly entering med school without the impression you mentioned above would be helpful as it may not be as glorified as you think. Sure when people get interviewed on the news or something they often mentioned how they got saved by certain doctors but i am pretty sure they don't experience that kind of life-saving epiphany every day of their career.
Thanks, but I was already working in the healthcare field when I graduated so the jump to medicine isn't that huge a leap.
Edmonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #12
unley

unley has a neutral reputation
Default Why not an allied health career?

Have you considered doing an allied health degree locally?

MOH also offer scholarships for those seeking to do allied health degrees overseas.

What I wan to say is that Medicine isn't and shouldn't be seen as the big shiny beacon of healthcare. The allied health workers are just as critical if not more so in many cases. There is little need to be that focused on that one occupation.

A career in the allied health industry is certainly an option if costs and your previous CAP is a concern.
unley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:01 PM   #13
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmonton View Post
Thanks, but I was already working in the healthcare field when I graduated so the jump to medicine isn't that huge a leap.
Why do you think the jump isn't great?
Anyway does matter what you think, more imply to get admitted and survive the entire program.
Good you have the confidence and the cash at hand.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote