BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:06 PM   #101
Liao

Liao has a neutral reputation

And I forgot to include in the previous post regarding the prospects of this program:

The graduates from this program are 100% employed with a starting mean salary of $2800 - $3000. Do note that the starting pay of Chinese Physicians is not very high but the physicians' value increases significantly with time. Around half of the graduates became physicians, and the rest went into research, government sector, teaching, sales and further studies for a phD or MD.
Liao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #102
spooky

spooky has a neutral reputation

Can anyone give me insights regarding the prospects of the double degree prog (tcm-biomed sc)? I'm considering this course but my parents are concerned about the job prospects. Also, NUS science (life science) or NTU double deg prog (tcm-bms) better??
spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:12 PM   #103
Liao

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Can anyone give me insights regarding the prospects of the double degree prog (tcm-biomed sc)? I'm considering this course but my parents are concerned about the job prospects. Also, NUS science (life science) or NTU double deg prog (tcm-bms) better??
Hey spooky,

I am currently taking this program. Graduates from this program are 100% employed or go on for further studies. Graduates from this program can work as TCM physician, healthcare administrator, banker, teacher or public servant. The list of jobs you can take up is not exhaustive. Basically, you will be valued for your proficiency in Chinese and English no matter where you go. You will be doing advanced TCM training and internship in China for your last 2 years of study.

Pay-wise, you will earn around $3000 like most other uni grads. Don't take this program because it is a DDP and looks cool. This program is not easy and requires a lot of hardwork and interst.

Hope that this helps...
Old 04-18-2015, 10:07 PM   #104
spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liao View Post
Hey spooky,

I am currently taking this program. Graduates from this program are 100% employed or go on for further studies. Graduates from this program can work as TCM physician, healthcare administrator, banker, teacher or public servant. The list of jobs you can take up is not exhaustive. Basically, you will be valued for your proficiency in Chinese and English no matter where you go. You will be doing advanced TCM training and internship in China for your last 2 years of study.

Pay-wise, you will earn around $3000 like most other uni grads. Don't take this program because it is a DDP and looks cool. This program is not easy and requires a lot of hardwork and interst.

Hope that this helps...
Thanks @Liao for the insights! By the way, is it very stressful or tiring to participate actively in hall activities (to earn hall points so can apply to stay the next year) while reading a double degree program?
Old 04-18-2015, 11:38 PM   #105
Liao

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Thanks @Liao for the insights! By the way, is it very stressful or tiring to participate actively in hall activities (to earn hall points so can apply to stay the next year) while reading a double degree program?
It is ok actually if you plan your time well...
Old 04-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #106
Louie Liew

Louie Liew has a neutral reputation

Anyone got offered ntu tcm already?
Louie Liew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #107
spooky

I've been offered NTU tcm. But now I'm considering between NUS science and NTU tcm/bms
Old 04-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #108
Chappie

Chappie has a neutral reputation

Hello, I have also been offered biomed tcm. May I ask whether peeps from this double degree programme are able and have gone on GEM explorer study or research programmes before? I'm not sure how the exchanging of AU works but must the whole semester's credits be transferred? If so, no other non-Asian unis teach TCM right? So does that mean we can't go on exchange programmes?
Chappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:50 PM   #109
Liao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappie View Post
Hello, I have also been offered biomed tcm. May I ask whether peeps from this double degree programme are able and have gone on GEM explorer study or research programmes before? I'm not sure how the exchanging of AU works but must the whole semester's credits be transferred? If so, no other non-Asian unis teach TCM right? So does that mean we can't go on exchange programmes?
Hi Chappie,

I am a current student in NTU TCM. Due to the uniqueness of the program, students will not be able to participate in GEM explorer. However, you can still participate in GEM Discoverer which is the summer exchange program. I went to Korea last summer btw. We also have our own research program and trip to Hong Kong which are heavily subsidized by NTU. Plus you will spend 2 years in Beijing. Don't worry. Although you cant go for a full semester exchange, there are still many exchange and research opportunities that are exclusive to TCM students in NTU...
Old 05-12-2015, 06:39 PM   #110
Chappie

Chappie has a neutral reputation

Thanks @Liao, that sounds quite interesting!

I also heard that there's going to be an open house this Saturday but I have not heard any further details. Does anyone know anything about it like venue and timing?
Chappie is offline   Reply With Quote