BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SIM
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:09 PM   #1
Helaxteo

Helaxteo has a neutral reputation
Unhappy What do I do if I can't pass all subjects from A's???

Hi!!!

I'm about to complete my A's very soon I'm only left with 2 mcq papers and I feel that I did pretty badly I've never felt so helpless in my life. I haven't been coping well in JC for the past 2 years.

I'm just wondering what are the ways out if I don't do well for A's? (And by not doing well I mean not being able to pass all subjects)

Is it still possible to get into SIM if I don't pass all subjects?

Please help!!!!

Thank u!!
Helaxteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:47 AM   #2
Poof

Poof has a neutral reputation

): ):

me too!! I'm left with 2 mcq as well and i really think i screwed up all those papers ): ):

It's so terrifying bc I'm left with no other options, and no place to go after As..
Poof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:05 AM   #3
Helaxteo

Helaxteo has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poof View Post
): ):

me too!! I'm left with 2 mcq as well and i really think i screwed up all those papers ): ):

It's so terrifying bc I'm left with no other options, and no place to go after As..
Yeah it really is terrifying!! ): knowing there's nowhere to go after A's and feeling so helpless sigh!!!!! Especially after suffering and working so hard for 2 years... That feeling is really sucky ): but all the best for the remaining papers ya!!
Helaxteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:43 PM   #4
jedrek

jedrek has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helaxteo View Post
Hi!!!

I'm about to complete my A's very soon I'm only left with 2 mcq papers and I feel that I did pretty badly I've never felt so helpless in my life. I haven't been coping well in JC for the past 2 years.

I'm just wondering what are the ways out if I don't do well for A's? (And by not doing well I mean not being able to pass all subjects)

Is it still possible to get into SIM if I don't pass all subjects?

Please help!!!!

Thank u!!
Hello,a fellow senior here.

SIM requires a minimum of 3H2 passes,but don't worry and think too much. (minimum entry requisites)

Alternatively,you may consider foundation programme in Australia,which will almost guarantee a place for you in university. (more expensive route)

Last but not least,is retaking A levels.I know it's hard to accept but you got to be ready. Coming from a neighbourhood jc,I have heard many bad stories of my peers faring poorly in As.Taking my class as reference,I had 8 people from a class of 15,struggling to get a university offer or borderline admission to an engineering programme in NTU.(bare minimum) As for my school,we have only 55-60% qualifying for the 3 local universities only.(NUS,NTU,SMU)

Well,that's the harsh reality of life. If you need any more help,just drop me a message or reply here.
jedrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #5

1977 has a neutral reputation

Fellow A's student here!!

Actually since I'm not heading overseas after the exam I've been reading up a lot on tertiary education. If y'all take physics I think NTU EEE is a way out too, because there are many cases of people with very borderline grades making it too. If you check the graduate employment salary the pay is not bad (if that's what you're worried about - admittedly I am because I'm not from a well-to-do family; let's be practical, this is sg).

But till then relax a bit bah I guess.. afterall it's a very long break. Spend it wisely and productively!
1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a levels, sim, university