BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Rate My Chances!
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
Curio

Curio has a neutral reputation
Lightbulb Help rate my chances for med

Hey all

I did reasonably well enough to continue living my medicine dream. But then again, I didn't do that well to guarantee my place at an interview at YLLSoM. Do let me know my chances! Thanks

A -H2 Econs
B -H2 Bio
A -H2 Chemistry

A -H1 Maths
A -H1 PW
A -H1 Chinese
B -H1 GP

Merit -H3 Chemistry

Note that I am just asking for chance at interview based on grades alone (meaning CCAs and accomplishments do not play a role). Thanks!

Curio
Curio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
Jonny50314

Jonny50314 has a neutral reputation

Your UAS will be a total of 86.25, and I'd say that should give you a decent chance to make the interview stage (since your B came in GP). However you do have to take into consideration the quality of the people who will be apply for Medicine this year. So yup, you should get shortlisted (I think).

EDIT: Koped some stuff a thread. Here's a look:

"If your UAS is 1.25 lower, equal, or 1.25 higher, to the course in question, you are pretty much on the borderline. Hence, depending on the competitiveness of the cohort applying this year, you may or may not obtain entry.

If your UAS falls short (2.5 difference or higher), you most likely will not obtain entry with pure grades alone. You should consider applying through Discretionary Admissions."

So yeah, shortlisting is largely dependent on the applicants this year!

Last edited by Jonny50314; 03-06-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Jonny50314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
Curio

Curio has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny50314 View Post
Your UAS will be a total of 86.25, and I'd say that should give you a decent chance to make the interview stage (since your B came in GP). However you do have to take into consideration the quality of the people who will be apply for Medicine this year. So yup, you should get shortlisted (I think).

EDIT: Koped some stuff a thread. Here's a look:

"If your UAS is 1.25 lower, equal, or 1.25 higher, to the course in question, you are pretty much on the borderline. Hence, depending on the competitiveness of the cohort applying this year, you may or may not obtain entry.

If your UAS falls short (2.5 difference or higher), you most likely will not obtain entry with pure grades alone. You should consider applying through Discretionary Admissions."

So yeah, shortlisting is largely dependent on the applicants this year!

Very pleased with the reply! . Thanks for your help!
Curio is offline   Reply With Quote