BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS > Health Sciences (Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing)
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #131
wannabe

wannabe has a neutral reputation
Talking

hi, mind sharing your portfolio? by the way, has any EIS candidate been shortlisted?

Last edited by wannabe; 04-01-2012 at 08:54 PM.
wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #132
wannabe

any EIS candidate has a reply from nus medicine?
Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #133
wannabe

Default eis outcome

Hi to alL EIS applicant. Does anybody know when wiLl we be informed of the outcome? TIA..
Old 04-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #134
wannabe

hi to all who applied, ive called up the admission team and were told that shortlisted personel has been informed. all the best to those who were shortlisted.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #135
survive_sg

survive_sg has a neutral reputation
Default EIS applicant 2014

hey there i just applied to nus YLLSOM via the EIS route and im hearing about my friends getting the shortlisted interviews dates alr and am srsly getting all jittery and worried. but they are going through the direct admissions route.. so yeah just asking if theres anyone else out there like me too??? applied via EIS and awaiting results?? oh btw i just graduated from jc and received my a level results this year..
survive_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #136
havok_ex

havok_ex has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by survive_sg View Post
hey there i just applied to nus YLLSOM via the EIS route and im hearing about my friends getting the shortlisted interviews dates alr and am srsly getting all jittery and worried. but they are going through the direct admissions route.. so yeah just asking if theres anyone else out there like me too??? applied via EIS and awaiting results?? oh btw i just graduated from jc and received my a level results this year..
"Your application for admission will first be considered under the "normal route" by the NUS Office of Admissions. If your University Admissions Score meets the cut-off point for Medicine, you will be shortlisted and invited for interviews and you will no longer be considered an EIS candidate.

If you do not meet the cut-off point set by the NUS Office of Admissions, then will your application be considered under the EIS. "

Source:
http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/corporate...e/adm_eis.aspx

Meaning that the normal admission route will be considered first. So only when you have been internally 'rejected' by them will you then be considered under the EIS route. So obviously, those under EIS would only get a reply later on than the normal admissions. In any case, not everyone under the EIS gets an interviews, what were your results and achievements?
havok_ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #137
survive_sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok_ex View Post
"Your application for admission will first be considered under the "normal route" by the NUS Office of Admissions. If your University Admissions Score meets the cut-off point for Medicine, you will be shortlisted and invited for interviews and you will no longer be considered an EIS candidate.

If you do not meet the cut-off point set by the NUS Office of Admissions, then will your application be considered under the EIS. "

Source:
http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/corporate...e/adm_eis.aspx

Meaning that the normal admission route will be considered first. So only when you have been internally 'rejected' by them will you then be considered under the EIS route. So obviously, those under EIS would only get a reply later on than the normal admissions. In any case, not everyone under the EIS gets an interviews, what were your results and achievements?
oh but i thought EIS applicants go through similar tests as the direct admissions? like the FSA and SJT?
erm my AAB/A PW:A GP:E
yeahh i know everyones gonna be like E is like auto kickout from the selections committee but i really want to get in so i guess im just trying my luck to save me from lifelong regret.
and as for achievements ive got leadership roles in my cca and external cca. and i have a year long interaction session project with an elderly home.
does NYAA help?
and i got platinum award from the college for comm service.. dk if its of any use ...
Old 03-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #138
Liao

Liao has a neutral reputation

Quote:
oh but i thought EIS applicants go through similar tests as the direct admissions? like the FSA and SJT?
erm my AAB/A PW:A GP:E
yeahh i know everyones gonna be like E is like auto kickout from the selections committee but i really want to get in so i guess im just trying my luck to save me from lifelong regret.
and as for achievements ive got leadership roles in my cca and external cca. and i have a year long interaction session project with an elderly home.
does NYAA help?
and i got platinum award from the college for comm service.. dk if its of any use ...
If you got NYAA Gold, it will help a bit. By the way, your UAS is 82.5, a bit far from NUS Medicine AUS. Anyway, all the best!
Liao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #139
survive_sg

okayss thanks for helping. btw, @liao @havok_ex , you guys are current nus med students >?
Old 03-26-2014, 04:31 PM   #140
Liao

Liao has a neutral reputation

Quote:
okayss thanks for helping. btw, @liao @havok_ex , you guys are current nus med students >?
Haha, no. My academic results were similar to yours and I applied to NUS Medicine through EIS in 2012 but got rejected. I would say my CCA records were more stellar than yours (NYAA Gold, International Chorale Competition Gold and I was a DSA student in my JC through Choir). Although I got rejected, but at least it leaves no regrets in my life. I hope that you can get into NUS Medicine. All the best!
Liao is offline   Reply With Quote