BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Scholarships Application Process
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #21
simyanliang

simyanliang has a neutral reputation

Here's the PSC Interview process:
http://tjchighed.pbwiki.com/Scholars...2%A0-%C2%A0PSC

SMU Lee Kong Chian Scholarship Process:
http://tjchighed.pbwiki.com/Scholarships+-+LKC-SMU

FIREfly Selection process:
http://tjchighed.pbwiki.com/Scholars...-%C2%A0FIREfly
simyanliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #22
lahsarah

lahsarah has a neutral reputation
Default hello

hello! i'm sarah, MOE scholar in NUS... Any qns regarding psc interview process or even Firefly scholarship interview process i'm here to answer if u have any qns...
lahsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #23
profzhu

profzhu has a neutral reputation

hi i'm a IDA overseas scholar here. will answer you qns wrt IDA scholarships, both for working with IDA or with sponsoring firms for the NIS.

i've been through singapore tech, dsta, saf (air force/navy), edb interviews. so if you got any qns free feel to ask. will answer to my best abilities.

some tips. please dress properly for your interview. i went for my interviews in my ironed navy no.3 uniform with all my shiny badges hanging over the chest. nice golden rank on the shoulder. it will impress the hell out of the interviewers. however, guys wanting to wear army no.4 think twice. it will make you look garang, but not intelligent. so unless you got the figure to pull it off or know how to look good in uniform, dun risk it. a nice shirt, tie, with polished shoes helps a lot. how well u dress is a first impression of how much u actually prepared for the interview.

be confident. dun be nervous. at least dun let them know you are. talk to them with a smile. u can use some humour to help relief the tension in the room. but dun get corny. a good first line goes a long way in creating a fine first impression.

know what you are applying for. know the basic job scope of what you are going to do after your studies with wherever are applying to. it shows that you have done your research and it will be easier to convince them that you actually will like what you are going to do in the future. show them that you have the passion for the job. this is very very important. imo this is the deciding factor. u fail this. u fail everything.

for econs scholarships, please read up on the current economic crisis. one killer question is "how did the economic crisis start?". the answer is not as simple as sub prime mortgages or lost in confidence alone because u have to explain how it started from the start. i got it for my cambridge interview. give an indepth insight and it will set you apart from others.

thats all i can think of now.
profzhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #24
whitechocolatecar

whitechocolatecar has a neutral reputation
Default MOE interview

I'm interested in MOE's teaching award, in fact I have already signed up for the teaching internship(still waiting for their reply tho), and I will like to know of the questions they may ask. =)
whitechocolatecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #25
simyanliang

simyanliang has a neutral reputation

This may be useful

http://tjchighed.pbworks.com/Scholarships%C2%A0-+MOE
simyanliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:25 AM   #26
entrancer

entrancer has a neutral reputation

They usually want to find out what kind of person you are, why you're doing what you want to do.

Both the MOE interview and NAC interview the most important thing they wanted to know was why this?
entrancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #27
frozenheart

frozenheart has a neutral reputation
Send a message via MSN to frozenheart

Haha, nice tread. My question asked by the panels at my interview for HYC PSA scholarship was, " What is your opinion of success?" and sad to say, my answer was abit screwed up
frozenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #28
Freshjunior

Freshjunior has a neutral reputation

Yea hate this kind of questions. I tend to give generic answers when asked, because the question is so vague.

Maybe can try to quickly list down the points in your head, like your definition of success, what do you need to succeed etc.. But its really hard to come up with an inspiring answer on the spot if you're not prepared for this question.
Freshjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #29
chasingpavements

chasingpavements has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenheart View Post
Haha, nice tread. My question asked by the panels at my interview for HYC PSA scholarship was, " What is your opinion of success?" and sad to say, my answer was abit screwed up
hey (: i applied for psa scholarship too but i got an email saying that it's closed. which also means i wasn't shortlisted for the interview. may i know your grades? (:
chasingpavements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #30
frozenheart

frozenheart has a neutral reputation
Send a message via MSN to frozenheart

My grades is 3.88 for polytechnic. It is possible that you missed the registration dates.
frozenheart is offline   Reply With Quote