BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Scholarships Application Process
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #21
ScK

ScK has a neutral reputation

oops sry..we cant reveal our identity here isit??
ScK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:49 PM   #22
kemise89

kemise89 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockT31W View Post
guys, please refrain from holding private OOT conversations in a public thread, we want to keep it as neat as possible for everybody's benefit. you could always PM each other if you want to guess each other's identity
eh? not allowed to disclose identity? why??
kemise89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:00 AM   #23
LockT31W

LockT31W has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemise89 View Post
eh? not allowed to disclose identity? why??
oops sorry, I just meant keep off-topic private conversations out of informational threads such as this one - try not to interrupt the flow with off-topic conversations because it might make it hard to read. if you keep to the topic its perfectly fine for readers. you're free to disclose your identities if you wish to, but please avoid going off-topic in such threads I'll go and edit my previous post.

Last edited by LockT31W; 05-23-2008 at 12:22 AM.
LockT31W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:15 AM   #24
kemise89

kemise89 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockT31W View Post
oops sorry, I just meant keep off-topic private conversations out of informational threads such as this one - try not to interrupt the flow because it might make it hard to read. you're free to disclose your identities if you wish to, but please avoid interrupting such threads I'll go and edit my previous post.
oh so that's what you meant. no worries we will understand~
kemise89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:26 AM   #25
ScK

ScK has a neutral reputation

oh..okae..icic..we understand that..to xiao long>> nope im sck.. the 2nd one..
ScK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #26
DaZz

DaZz has a neutral reputation

Anyone awarded with the NUS Business School study award? How are the terms like?
DaZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:22 PM   #27
neil

neil has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZz View Post
Anyone awarded with the NUS Business School study award? How are the terms like?
You can check this link: http://bba.nus.edu/studyawards.htm

Alternatively, you can call them up to ask. I believe you can call this number: 65165864. It's the Dean's Office if I'm not wrong.
neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #28
neil

neil has a neutral reputation

Scholarship awarded (if applicable): SGX (Singapore Exchange) Scholarship
University and Course: NUS business school
Date and method of notification(s) of award: 27 May, email then call
School: NJC
A-level/Polytechnic grades: AAAAA B Merit (H2 Math, H2 Physics, H2 Chem, H1 Econs, GP, PW, H3 research)
CCAs and CIP (include leadership positions and achievements i.e. olympiads): Gavel Club (Vice President) and Indian Dance (SYF Gold with Honours and Special Mention)
Awards (i.e. MOE Pre-University Scholarship, NYAA): ASEAN scholarship for 4 years

Date of shortlisting and interview: Hmm, there are 5 rounds of interview:
- First round: Phone interview (25 March). The interviewer asked me why I applied for SGX scholarship. After that she asked me down for a face-to-face interview.
- Second round (01 April): conducted by Job Factory (1 interviewer). The interview lasted about 20 mins. It was tough because you must know a lot of things about SGX since the interviewer asked many specific questions about the company.
- Third round (shortlisted: 15 April, interview: 25 April): conducted by SGX HR team (2 interviewers). The interview lasted about 40 mins. It was quite tricky because they asked a lot of questions about yourself and they like to ask questions such as "why do you think you are better than others?"
- Fourth round (shortlisted: 9 May, interview: 15 May): conducted by SGX Senior Managers (2 interviewers: Head of HR and 1 executive member). The interview lasted about 1 hour. It was quite relaxing because they are friendly and it was more like a conversation. You can ask them any questions you want about SGX and the working environment there.
- Fifth round (16 May): conducted by the CEO. This interview was very short (10-15mins). It was more like a meet-the-CEO session than an interview. They just want to get to know you better.

There was a tea session after the third round. Those who were shortlisted after the third round were invited to the tea session. This year, there were 5 people.

How did your interview go?: The second and third rounds of interview were a bit scary but overall, I think all of them went well.
Why do you think you were successful? I think my internship in a brokerage house really helped me a lot because I can find many things to talk about.
Any advice/comments: You must know yourself and what you want very clearly because the interviewers really grill you. I know it's cliche to say this but Believe in yourself because if you don't, nobody else will believe in you!
neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:30 PM   #29
king

king has a neutral reputation

I've just received NUS's faculty scholarship for Law through mail today(31 May 2008).

the offer is too late though, I've already accepted the OCBC scholarship.

for those who applied for NUS's law scholarship, rmb to check yr mailbox. the offer letter for mine is dated 28 May 2008.
king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:55 PM   #30
anneimated

anneimated has a neutral reputation

[b]Scholarship awarded (if applicable):PUB, NUS undergraduate merit [Exxon interview in a week]
[b]University and Course:NUS (accountancy and chem engin dd), imperial (chem engin)
[b]Date and method of notification(s) of award: mail.
[b]School:hwa chong
[b]A-level/Polytechnic grades:AAAAA merit pass (H2 chem physics maths H1 Econs, GP H3 SRP, pharma chem)
[b]CCAs and CIP (include leadership positions and achievements i.e. olympiads):Taekwondo, faculty committee. lousy CIP. public relations officer, publicity I/C
[b]Awards (i.e. MOE Pre-University Scholarship, NYAA): NYAA bronze

[b]Date of shortlisting and interview:for NUS it started in april or early may. PUB in May
[b]How did your interview go?:I thought i was quite screwed up for the NUS 2nd round because i answered I would pray to god when they asked me how i would consider my choices. and they said it wasn't the wisest idea. so dont learn from that. Just be yourself, there is no need to be too serious, be honest and don't conform yourself to typical answers but be polite.
[b]Why do you think you were successful? hmmmm... i have no idea.
[b]Any advice/comments:well, the interviewers have seen your CV and they already like it so just be yourself. dress well, be polite, add a bit of humour, give feedback about the organization.... i dont know. be yourself =)
anneimated is offline   Reply With Quote