BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas > Australia
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:57 AM   #1
dddd

dddd has a neutral reputation
Post UNSW Medicine 2017

Hi everyone!
I'm currently waiting to accept my offer for undergrad medicine @ UNSW for S1 2017! Is anyone else waiting to accept the offer as well? I think acceptance of offers only start in September? Also, has anyone looked into on-campus accommodation? :-)
dddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
A :-)

A :-) has a neutral reputation

Hi! I've been waiting for sooooo long to find someone who's also starting at UNSW next year I've already accepted the offer through my agent and received my eCOE. Part II (Enrolment) only starts in October though. I just applied for accom on campus!
A :-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #3
dddd

dddd has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A :-) View Post
Hi! I've been waiting for sooooo long to find someone who's also starting at UNSW next year I've already accepted the offer through my agent and received my eCOE. Part II (Enrolment) only starts in October though. I just applied for accom on campus!
HI! FINALLY someone replies haha, i accepted the offer and got my eCOE too! I just submitted my accom application too! First choice was Uni Terrace and second choice was Colombo! How about you! :-)
dddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:06 AM   #4
A :-)

A :-) has a neutral reputation

My first choice was Fig Tree Hall and second was colombo too
A :-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:27 PM   #5
jularious

jularious has a neutral reputation
Default UNSW Medicine 2017

Hi guys!!

Congrats on your offers!!!

I've received an interview offer from UNSW, the Skype interview will be held mid October 2016.

I'm a Malaysian. Like you guys(presumably), I applied as an international applicant.

I would like to ask some questions, if it's not too much trouble for you guys:

1)It seems that you guys have received your firm offers very early, may I know how long did UNSW take to give an answer after your interviews?

From this website https://med.unsw.edu.au/how-apply-an...lication-local, the "main round offers" are only released on 18th January 2017.

2)Are the dates from the website only applicable to the locals in Australia? If so, how long do you guys think UNSW will take to reply me after my interview?

I shall be grateful for your replies!!!

Thank you!!!
jularious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #6
lcy

lcy has a neutral reputation

Hey!!

I'm currently hoping for an interview offer from UNSW soon. May I ask what kind of questions they would ask in the interview? And what your grades and ISAT scores were for those who got an interview?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!
lcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:22 PM   #7
punkyroxster

punkyroxster has a neutral reputation

Hi all,

There is a camp organised for students studying Medicine in Aus/NZ next year, you can visit here https://goo.gl/forms/n9gRc6OaUQlh03wP2 for more details.

I think it is a good opportunity for you to meet your schoolmates and understand how life is like down under better.
punkyroxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:45 PM   #8
Mathangi

Mathangi has a neutral reputation

Hello, I have got an offer from UNSW medicine today and I'm looking for applying for accomodation on campus. I prefer colleges with all meals catered and what would be a good college with a reasonable number of international students? Which college do Singaporean students normally go to?
Mathangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:25 PM   #9
sze min

sze min has a neutral reputation

Hey! Anyone going to UNSW for medicine in 2018??
sze min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #10
kasowng

kasowng has a neutral reputation

hey guys, sorry to bring up a dead post but i guess for anyone who needs helps regarding unsw accommodation in future -

most singaporeans i know are staying in colombo house or unsw village (both non catered). both not very big on social life, heaps quiet, good for studying

i think the kensos (baxter basser goldstein) are the only colleges with all meals catered, and catered food has its ups and downs. definitely party colleges so maybe not great if you're gonna be focused more on studies but i know med students who love it there. not a lot of internationals, quite expensive

lots of internationals in fig tree hall which is supposedly a shit version of the kensos - only have one friend there havent heard much but i dont think its too bad. you can apply for IH as well - international house so should have more internationals

few friends in shalom and new college - new college people love it, havent heard much from shalom but the general rep on campus is that its very jewish. i think they both have 2 meals catered tho so thats a plus

warrane and creston are a big no

know quite a few singaporeans staying off campus and they seem to be enjoying themselves but its still quite expensive so staying on campus might be more worth it

some background: im a non-med student at one of the kensos
kasowng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, australia, medicine, unsw