BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas > Australia
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #9
kasowng

kasowng has a neutral reputation

hey guys, sorry to bring up a dead post but i guess for anyone who needs helps regarding unsw accommodation in future -

most singaporeans i know are staying in colombo house or unsw village (both non catered). both not very big on social life, heaps quiet, good for studying

i think the kensos (baxter basser goldstein) are the only colleges with all meals catered, and catered food has its ups and downs. definitely party colleges so maybe not great if you're gonna be focused more on studies but i know med students who love it there. not a lot of internationals, quite expensive

lots of internationals in fig tree hall which is supposedly a shit version of the kensos - only have one friend there havent heard much but i dont think its too bad. you can apply for IH as well - international house so should have more internationals

few friends in shalom and new college - new college people love it, havent heard much from shalom but the general rep on campus is that its very jewish. i think they both have 2 meals catered tho so thats a plus

warrane and creston are a big no

know quite a few singaporeans staying off campus and they seem to be enjoying themselves but its still quite expensive so staying on campus might be more worth it

some background: im a non-med student at one of the kensos
kasowng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, australia, medicine, unsw