BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #241
ehbeesi

ehbeesi has a neutral reputation

Hi I am currently offered biz courses in both smu and nus and I want to appeal for law in both unis. Are there appeal interviews for laws in both nus and smu, or do they solely rely your appeal on the essays?
ehbeesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #242
needadvice

needadvice has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniethepooh View Post
Mm what if u have something exceptional to tell? The normal application form doesn't allow ppl to write those stuff down right? I guess u can write anyth that will boast ur chance, from leadership to any form of relevant experience, dun really have to be anyth that's REALLY big but maybe something that sets u apart from the rest. I personally feel u should appeal for the course that u want the most, but of u want certain courses equally well, u should try appealing for the one that's easier to get in, usually something that's not in ur application form at 1st would give u a higher chance...

In any case all the best for ur appeal!
Thanks you guys so much for the advices, this really helps!
needadvice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:32 AM   #243
meaculpaa

meaculpaa has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis20 View Post
Coming from the point of a view from someone who has successfully made it to his course of interest via appeal, I would say first impression matters a lot. Honestly, there's no use writing about how passionate you are because like what you've said, there is hardly a yardstick to measure and evaluate the level of passion possess by the candidates. Therefore, it would only be sane to say that a good appeal would be one that is creative and strikes the one who reads it.

Don't get too caught up with flaunting your academic or CCA achievements in the appeal letter. Get OUT of the box, that's what I did and I got in eventually.
Hi, really envious that you and many others managed to secure a place in NUS/NTU through appeals... Are you able to provide more information regarding "getting out of the box"? I'm really desperate here!
meaculpaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #244
ehbeesi

ehbeesi has a neutral reputation

hi this might seem weird but it is a valid concern of mine. you tried for a course but didn't get it and accepted your second choice. you decide to appeal and you are successful. does that mean that your offer for your second choice is terminated or does that mean that you are presented with another offer in additional to your second choice. in other words, can you reject the offer for the course that you appealed for?
ehbeesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #245
winniethepooh

winniethepooh has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbeesi View Post
hi this might seem weird but it is a valid concern of mine. you tried for a course but didn't get it and accepted your second choice. you decide to appeal and you are successful. does that mean that your offer for your second choice is terminated or does that mean that you are presented with another offer in additional to your second choice. in other words, can you reject the offer for the course that you appealed for?
According to NUS appeal website u will be forced to take ur successfully appealed choice. So think wisely before u appeal.
winniethepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #246
JSSK

JSSK has a neutral reputation
Send a message via MSN to JSSK

Hi I am rejected by NUS and NTU. My grades are as follow

Lit/Econs/Hist/Maths/GP/PW/Chinese CDD/CCAB

Do you think I stand any chances of appealing into any courses in NUS or NTU?

If so, which course should I try to appeal?

Hopefully, those seniors that have sucessfully appealed into courses can share what did they wrote in the appeals. Thanks so much!
JSSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #247
xxx789632145

xxx789632145 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSSK View Post
Hi I am rejected by NUS and NTU. My grades are as follow

Lit/Econs/Hist/Maths/GP/PW/Chinese CDD/CCAB

Do you think I stand any chances of appealing into any courses in NUS or NTU?

If so, which course should I try to appeal?

Hopefully, those seniors that have sucessfully appealed into courses can share what did they wrote in the appeals. Thanks so much!
I think u should appeal to the courses u want! No harm in trying right?!
xxx789632145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #248
JSSK

JSSK has a neutral reputation
Send a message via MSN to JSSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx789632145 View Post
I think u should appeal to the courses u want! No harm in trying right?!
yea but I better be more realistic ): which are the courses i can try to appeal to with a higher chances of being given a chance for an interview?
JSSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #249
mememe_kk

mememe_kk has a neutral reputation

Hello,

I would like to enquire some help.

My DA interview into FASS was successful but only to realised that I was DA-ed into FASS MT related. From what I read from the thread, it was because I chose the "consider MT results" during my application. I didn't know that it was the case, all I wanted was them to consider my MT results to increase my UAS points. So if I were to appeal into FASS, do you think the chances would be high?
mememe_kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #250
sianjp

sianjp has a neutral reputation

hi,
if i appeal for smu double degree programme and accept the ntu biz offer, will i still be able to accept the smu doubled programme offer( if successful?) or will accepting the ntu offer immediately cancel my appeal chances in smu?
in addition, anyone know the chances of succcesfully appealing for smu dd in biz and social science? or smu dd in biz and econs?
thanks
sianjp is offline   Reply With Quote