BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SMU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #21
ruuix
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21
ruuix has a neutral reputation
Default

I got accepted to SMU Econs today. Have yet to get the letter, but I checked the online facility. Hope it helps!
ruuix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #22
violet28
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 84
violet28 has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruuix View Post
I got accepted to SMU Econs today. Have yet to get the letter, but I checked the online facility. Hope it helps!
May I know when u went for the interview? =) Congrats! I saw u wrote 4th april previously. Wow so long a period, I went for the interview on 21st april, then when will I get? Haha.. Do u tink ur interview was good?

Last edited by violet28; 05-12-2009 at 12:47 AM.
violet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #23
ruuix
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21
ruuix has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet28 View Post
May I know when u went for the interview? =) Congrats! I saw u wrote 4th april previously. Wow so long a period, I went for the interview on 21st april, then when will I get? Haha.. Do u tink ur interview was good?
Yep, I went on 4 Apr. I think I did OKAY my interview.. not too good, not too bad. Probably passable. Hmm, I think I got mine this late's probably 'coz I was placed on the holding/waiting list...
ruuix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #24
JMJW
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 78
JMJW has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruuix View Post
Yep, I went on 4 Apr. I think I did OKAY my interview.. not too good, not too bad. Probably passable. Hmm, I think I got mine this late's probably 'coz I was placed on the holding/waiting list...
oh they have some sort of waiting list is it? is it like if you are not too good and not too bad, they place u on the waiting list then if the interviewees after u did worst, they might just put you through? is that how it works?
JMJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #25
violet28
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 84
violet28 has a neutral reputation
Default

Anyone can view ur application status now at smu self-service website? Mine gt an error under the "view application status" only. Nt sure if they are updating it or wat. Juz nw I went in at ard 11, it can still work.
violet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #26
JMJW
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 78
JMJW has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet28 View Post
Anyone can view ur application status now at smu self-service website? Mine gt an error under the "view application status" only. Nt sure if they are updating it or wat. Juz nw I went in at ard 11, it can still work.
i cant either. i think the problem lies in their system.
JMJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #27
ruuix
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21
ruuix has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJW View Post
oh they have some sort of waiting list is it? is it like if you are not too good and not too bad, they place u on the waiting list then if the interviewees after u did worst, they might just put you through? is that how it works?
I have no idea actually, that was just a speculation. My guess is that there are a couple of better candidates out there that already rejected their offer and hence they released an offer to me this late.
ruuix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #28
JMJW
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 78
JMJW has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruuix View Post
I have no idea actually, that was just a speculation. My guess is that there are a couple of better candidates out there that already rejected their offer and hence they released an offer to me this late.
applicants can change their minds till the first of June. Meaning they can accept an offer from lets say, NUS but then their other offers from other unis are still valid and being reserved for them till the 1st of June. So yeah...
JMJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:10 AM   #29
MerlionPower
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7
MerlionPower has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruuix View Post
I got accepted to SMU Econs today. Have yet to get the letter, but I checked the online facility. Hope it helps!

RUUIX,
Congrat
You from JC or Poly?
What is your major and GPA?
MerlionPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #30
ruuix
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21
ruuix has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlionPower View Post
RUUIX,
Congrat
You from JC or Poly?
What is your major and GPA?
I'm from JC.. So GPA is not applicable for me.
ruuix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.