BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
KOBEL

KOBEL has a neutral reputation
Default Tuition Grant Question

Hello, Brightsparks. I'm a PR who is currently serving his NS, and plans to take up Singapore Citizenship during or immediately after NS (i.e. ASAP). However, when I sign up for the Tuition Grant for local universities, I will be doing so as a PR. Does anyone know if and how I can change my Tuition Grant status if I change citizenship before I matriculate? ORDing in Jan 2015, and AFAIK application for citizenship starts after about 18 months of service.
KOBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
havok_ex

havok_ex has a neutral reputation

ORD LOOOO. Haha. Not to worry la. Just apply now as a PR and apply for the tuition grant, just in case you dont get citizenship. But PRs who go through NS would definitely get citizenship before ORD-ing unless you do something stupid and get yourself in DB. Once you get your citizenship, just call and inform the university that you have gotten the citizenship and they will change the Tuition Grant status for you. No problem. I had a few PR friends in NS and they just called and informed the university when they got the citizenship status. Citizenship is usually given out before they ORD. Just apply ASAP.
havok_ex is offline   Reply With Quote