BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #371
lannister93

lannister93 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomtty View Post
Local post usually only takes about 1 working day. But it depends on the instructions stated in the package as well. Did they tell you to send it by post or to go in person?
Oh okay thanks. Hmm they didn't specify anything, it just states "Return this form to this address ..." But anyway, I already mailed it to NTU earlier today, and I made photocopies of the acceptance form just in case.
lannister93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #372
p1029d2

p1029d2 has a neutral reputation
Default apply to NTU yay or nay?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannister93 View Post
Oh okay thanks. Hmm they didn't specify anything, it just states "Return this form to this address ..." But anyway, I already mailed it to NTU earlier today, and I made photocopies of the acceptance form just in case.
Hi all,
After reading the forum, I feel disheartened in applying to any local uni. I graduated from RP & my GPA is less than 3.0 & my o level 20 (L1R5) At first, I was skeptical when my friend told me that her classmates with a gpa of 3.5 was rejected by NTU business. But now ….I’m wondering whether should I give a try in applying knowing that my chances is so LOW, it’s like dumping money to the drain.

Please advice.
p1029d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #373
havok_ex

havok_ex has a neutral reputation

Its only 10 dollars per application. For a chance at gaining acceptance to a world-class institute. Try the engineering courses, check the IGP, apply for the lowest courses. Apply strategically. Write out a proper personal statement during your application. Link it to what your first choice is. Ensure your choices are realistic. Don't waste a choice on a course that is too far out of reach, like biz/acct for example.

Last edited by havok_ex; 02-03-2014 at 06:28 PM.
havok_ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #374
havok_ex

3.5 is not even high. Its pretty average for NTU's standards and quite low for NUS. Shouldn't be surprised that a 3.5 gets rejected from NTU biz, whereby a huge majority of them are straight A students.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #375
p1029d2

p1029d2 has a neutral reputation
Default apply to NTU yay or nay?!

Hi Liao & Havok_ex,
Thanks for your prompt reply, greatly appreciated. May I know what sort of questions do they asked during the interviews? Is it 1 to 1 or like a group of candidates being interviewed together?
Any idea is Chemistry & Biological Chemistry is consider “Popular” in NTU, because I wanna avoid the risk of applying those popular course.
Regarding the proper personal statement, any success statement that make into NTU? Like what kind of topics to write? Does testimonial from my internship help?

Sry there too much doubts in my mind… hope there any kind soul would help me answer all these qns
p1029d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #376
havok_ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1029d2 View Post
Hi Liao & Havok_ex,
Thanks for your prompt reply, greatly appreciated. May I know what sort of questions do they asked during the interviews? Is it 1 to 1 or like a group of candidates being interviewed together?
Any idea is Chemistry & Biological Chemistry is consider “Popular” in NTU, because I wanna avoid the risk of applying those popular course.
Regarding the proper personal statement, any success statement that make into NTU? Like what kind of topics to write? Does testimonial from my internship help?

Sry there too much doubts in my mind… hope there any kind soul would help me answer all these qns
Only some courses have interviews. Most won't. CBC is not very popular. You can check the NTU igp for a guide. Regarding personal statement. Can't really tell if someone got in purely by personal statement or if it was a mixture of grades and the personal statement. My advice is to show interest with regards with your first choice course. It would also help if your first choice is the most realistic choice. For example if you put in mech engine as your first choice. You can BS about how much you like cars and your ambition to design a cleaner and more efficient car that is low cost that will revolutionise the automobile industry. I have a friend who wrote about how he wanted to learn EEE so that he can develop cheaper alternative energy sources such as a cheap solar panel in order to bring electricity to poor and rural areas that are not on the power grid. The key thing is to link your course to something highly ambitious but also realistic. Of course. The flaw of this types of personal statement is that it is only applicable to one or two courses of your choice. You'd be literally ignoring your other choices since they won't be related to what you write. Testimonials don't really help much IMO.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:06 PM   #377
jeffrey0603

jeffrey0603 has a neutral reputation

anyone having trouble applying for NTU online? Keep getting 404 error...
jeffrey0603 is offline   Reply With Quote