BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > Comparison
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #51
musicrox

musicrox has a neutral reputation

Hes probably some loser from SIM or one of the 'dumping ground courses' in the 3 unis. Ignore him.

Even if he was studying in oxbridge or some elite overseas uni, its insignificant bcos he is destined to fail in life for putting himself up so high and putting down those who studied in 'inferior' local unis, what a pathetic excuse for a life.
musicrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #52
legendary

legendary has a neutral reputation

what brightisoverrated said is harsh indeed, but sadly true to a large extent
legendary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #53
yuanyelss

yuanyelss has a neutral reputation

Ah, basically Maritime Organization, National University of Singapore is one of the elite to go. At least it is my view since high school. It is the single go to Singapore, but with it comes the assumption that the most difficult to access...
yuanyelss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #54
gggeh

gggeh has a neutral reputation
Default culture?

Hi!

Would like to ask about the culture in the three unis. I heard that SMU is more of a hip, cool culture, while NTU has a cheena culture. Is it true? Also, what's the culture in NUS?
gggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #55
CapitolOfRock

CapitolOfRock has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggeh View Post
while NTU has a cheena culture.
Yeah, kinda true. But with the HSS school set up there, I think it has gotten less "cheena" than previously.
CapitolOfRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #56
fire

fire has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Hi!

Would like to ask about the culture in the three unis. I heard that SMU is more of a hip, cool culture, while NTU has a cheena culture. Is it true? Also, what's the culture in NUS?
well, i been to ntu couple of times. it is still really really cheena. even with hss, it is STILL cheena like hell.
fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #57
singapura

singapura has a neutral reputation

Indeed, the local 'flyers' in Singapore are NTU and SMU business/finance/economics-related graduates. Other than doctors and lawyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_gundams View Post
uhm..not necessarily..i have smarter frens who opted for SMU and NTu based on their interest..so it really depends on ur interest
singapura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #58
deebs

deebs has a neutral reputation

Yeah I totally agree with you! While practicality is important in our consideration for our uni courses, common sense tells me that all courses in Sg's unis have their own relevance to society. After all Sg is known for her pragmatism, esp in the education sector! So we should just go for where our interests lie and where we feel most comfortable studying in rather than just superficially base our decisions on the branding!
deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #59
Needadvices

Needadvices has a neutral reputation
Default chemical engineering?

Hi all!

I got accepted by both nus and ntu chemical engineering. I need some advice from you all regarding which school i should go to. I took pure physics in secondary 3/4 but i did not take it in JC. Now that i am going for engineering, i will definitely need to take physics bridging modules. I don't mind taking the extra modules but given my situation, it is advisable to go to NUS whereby the competition is already very stiff?

and seniors, can you please tell me about the difference in environment in NUS and NTU. like which is better?
& of course, which school has greater opportunities for overseas exchange programs?

Your help will be very much appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
Needadvices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #60
deltaj

Quote:
Hi!

yeah pretty much.