BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SUTD
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
jblim789

jblim789 has a neutral reputation
Smile How to prepare for interview

Only thing left to me is my interview.

And this is my first interview, that I'm so nervous and unsure of what and how to prepare.

Pls, shed light on my life and help me pass the admission.
jblim789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #2
Liao

Liao has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblim789 View Post
Only thing left to me is my interview.

And this is my first interview, that I'm so nervous and unsure of what and how to prepare.

Pls, shed light on my life and help me pass the admission.
For my SUTD interview last year, they just asked me some questions like why you want to come SUTD and what other courses you have applied to. They also gave me a presentation topic and asked me to do a presentation on a technological product on the spot. They also questioned me on my ideas in the presentation. I think the most important part is the presentation, you need to be confident and able to defend your points. I got the offer after a week via both SMS and email. Good luck...
Liao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
jblim789

jblim789 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liao View Post
For my SUTD interview last year, they just asked me some questions like why you want to come SUTD and what other courses you have applied to. They also gave me a presentation topic and asked me to do a presentation on a technological product on the spot. They also questioned me on my ideas in the presentation. I think the most important part is the presentation, you need to be confident and able to defend your points. I got the offer after a week via both SMS and email. Good luck...
I appreciate your answer.

Would you mind me asking you for some more details.

I know that SUTD have 4 pillars under its system that each pillars provide different courses.

Have they asked you about what pillar you want to be in your future and what course you are most involved in?

And Presentation topics regarding your interest(course selection?) or just random.

Technological product, what do you mean by this? Does this requires professional knowledge beforehand??

Thank you for your kind answer
jblim789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:07 PM   #4
Liao

Liao has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblim789 View Post
I appreciate your answer.

Would you mind me asking you for some more details.

I know that SUTD have 4 pillars under its system that each pillars provide different courses.

Have they asked you about what pillar you want to be in your future and what course you are most involved in?

And Presentation topics regarding your interest(course selection?) or just random.

Technological product, what do you mean by this? Does this requires professional knowledge beforehand??

Thank you for your kind answer
They asked me which pillar I am interested in, I replied most probably product design pillar but it is still too early for me to decide.

Presentation wise, the question I got last year is "Design a product that can allow the disabled in wheelchair to reach the height the atm machines that are actually designed for those who are non-wheelchair". Then the interviewers gave me two minutes to prepare, draw my design on the whiteboard and start the presentation. You don't need professional knowledge beforehand. It is more to test your creativity and confidence. They will also bombard you with questions like why you choose to design like this and not like that. You have to state your rational behind your design. They will also ask you "Who do you think will be interested and invest in your product?"

Don't worry to much. Just be confident...
Liao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #5
turbin95

turbin95 has a neutral reputation

As far as I can remember, they asked me to give a brief introduction about myself; about my interest in the school; give a description about your past achievements in sec sch/JC and give a description about PW done in JC, and how my PW can relate to the pillars that I'm interested in SUTD.
turbin95 is offline   Reply With Quote