BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:48 PM   #1
harryjon

harryjon has a neutral reputation
Default NTU Double Degree OR SMU Double Degree

Hello!

So recently I got accepted by NTU Accountancy and Business double degree with a USP Scholarship. Yet at the same time I got accepted for SMU Law and Business Double Degree, but without a scholarship.

I'm really caught in a dilemma right now. To be honest, the only thing holding me back from accepting SMU right now is the fact that there is no scholarship - I really prefer a scholarship due to the opportunities that it gives me during my undergraduate years. This also explains why I'm leaning towards NTU - the USP scholarship is an excellent one!

Anyone who has been in this position before, please share your experience and thoughts! Such as what are the considerations that I should have, what are the pros and cons, etc.

Much appreciated!
harryjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
zacxy

zacxy has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjon View Post
Hello!

So recently I got accepted by NTU Accountancy and Business double degree with a USP Scholarship. Yet at the same time I got accepted for SMU Law and Business Double Degree, but without a scholarship.

I'm really caught in a dilemma right now. To be honest, the only thing holding me back from accepting SMU right now is the fact that there is no scholarship - I really prefer a scholarship due to the opportunities that it gives me during my undergraduate years. This also explains why I'm leaning towards NTU - the USP scholarship is an excellent one!

Anyone who has been in this position before, please share your experience and thoughts! Such as what are the considerations that I should have, what are the pros and cons, etc.

Much appreciated!
I know I'm 5 months late, but come to NTU USP is amazing I guarantee you that.
But seriously, you should choose based on what degree you want to pursue. Law and Accountancy are different in many ways. Go for your passion (although the scholarship is hard to resist, i know). Of course, if you have no passion.. take the money. You won't regret it.
zacxy is offline   Reply With Quote