BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Public Service Commission
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #21
verlynchan

verlynchan has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haecceity View Post
Hi there, and welcome!

I'm not sure when application starts, but you can apply before your A level results come in (with your prelim results). You go to the PSC portal and apply. Technically, you just need your school results, testimonial, and CCA records. Oh, and you'll have to write an essay, if I recall correctly.

However, if you want a good shot at it, besides the grades, I think having an internship at a public sector organisation is good since they actually ask if you have done an internship with them before. Also, like weixin said, having a good portfolio is important.

Thank you.

I've heard that there are Psychometric Tests and so forth prior to applying and those tests start before prelims. I don't think I can sign up now on the pscgateway website.

I've a decent portfolio, I think. haha.

Mm, any advice on how else to apply? esp for the tests.
verlynchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #22
LockT31W

LockT31W has a neutral reputation

the psc gateway opens around september.
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
LockT31W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #23
nightowl

nightowl has a neutral reputation

About the application process, currently the PSC gateway does not require prelim results to be filled in...does this mean only A level results will be considered? Just wondering if prelim results would be used in assessing candidates.
nightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #24
skyhigh91

skyhigh91 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
About the application process, currently the PSC gateway does not require prelim results to be filled in...does this mean only A level results will be considered? Just wondering if prelim results would be used in assessing candidates.
PSC will contact your JC for your prelim results in the consideration of your application.
skyhigh91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #25
officertobe

officertobe has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
Yes PSC will get your prelim results from your JC directly. From past experiences, they will (severely) question your ability to achieve an A in a levels, if you achieved a D or below for your preliminary examinations.
officertobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:48 PM   #26
whitenight

whitenight has a neutral reputation

For details on the application process and account registration, please visit the PSC Gateway Applicaton Portal at https://www.pscgateway.gov.sg.

For further enquiries, please feel free to send your questions to [email protected].