BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #941
zengx2

zengx2 has a neutral reputation

Could any senior kindly answer the following questions I have regarding the curriculum. I am going to enter as a year 1 this year under biological science with structural biology.

1) How closely do students follow with the curriculum stated in the SBS website? or does the curriculum on the website just serve as a guideline for clearing AUs

2) Is it easy to get the PE you want?

3) On the website, it states that there are different PE in different table & each table have different no. of AUs allocated. Does this mean that the AUs must be strictly followed for us to graduate & we cannot study an extra mod under one table & study one mod less in another?

Thanx in advance for answering my queries
zengx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #942
Liao

Liao has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengx2 View Post
Could any senior kindly answer the following questions I have regarding the curriculum. I am going to enter as a year 1 this year under biological science with structural biology.

1) How closely do students follow with the curriculum stated in the SBS website? or does the curriculum on the website just serve as a guideline for clearing AUs

2) Is it easy to get the PE you want?

3) On the website, it states that there are different PE in different table & each table have different no. of AUs allocated. Does this mean that the AUs must be strictly followed for us to graduate & we cannot study an extra mod under one table & study one mod less in another?

Thanx in advance for answering my queries
Hey,

I can answer your questions.

1) Try your best to follow the table. Almost everyone follows it, unless you are going on exchange.

2) Quite easy to get the PEs you want unless that PE is extremely popular.

3) You can take extra modules in one table, but you cannot take less module in another table because of that.
Liao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #943
whtay190

whtay190 has a neutral reputation

Hello,

I am thinking of mentoring 2-3 incoming students for this coming semester. Must be passionate about research and science. Will be able to provide consultation on career paths, administrative matters and course selections. And of course, my own handwritten notes + PYP as well as internship opportunities (when the time comes).

A little about me:
I have graduated from NTU SBS (direct Yr2 entry) and am currently pursuing my PhD studies in Public Health (Molecular Pathogenesis). Wanted to give back to this forum and the help that fellow members have given me previously. Have previously mentored 8 other students.

Interested incoming students please PM me; I will respond accordingly. Group will be kept small as previous experiences with big groups did not work out as well.
whtay190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biological sciences, sbs