BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas > Canada
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #21
ahboy91

ahboy91 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan=D View Post
Umm, I am actually looking at life science or engineering courses... well, i know UBC ranks lower than UofT, but i really don't fancy the weather there in Toronto. so I am actually quite frustrated about whether I should apply to both schools or just apply to UBC.

In addition, my common test result is not that good, so I also want to know how good I should perform for the prelim to be more confident to apply to these schools. Anybody who got offer from these schools don't mind sharing your results?
Are you intending to pursue a research career or professional degrees such as MD, DDS or PharmD?

Research facilities are top-notch at UofT, due to the massive amounts of funding they have available (more than any Canadian University). Many of the Graduate students, who have done their undergraduate at other universities, can vouch for this. Again, depending on the program you're intending to pursue, each school has its niche. To name a few prominent ones in Life Sciences, Mcgill has a really strong Neuroscience Program and UBC has their renowned Brain Research Center. To allow us to help you, maybe you can further narrow down your choices?

But if you are looking to go into research or undergraduate is the end of your academic career, then an engineering degree will probably be more useful.

For Life Sciences, I think you're looking at around 3Bs? For engineering, it varies widely depending on the program.
ahboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #22
trapped

trapped has a neutral reputation

I'm looking at UBC, UofT and maybe McGill for Arts.

Does anyone know what kind of A level grades they are looking at for their Arts?
trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:20 PM   #23
Crosser

Crosser has a neutral reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahboy91 View Post
I'll be heading to U Toronto St George, Trinity College this fall. Anyone coming here as well?
Which course are you in?
I'm also going to U of T St. George
Crosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #24
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan=D View Post
Umm, I am actually looking at life science or engineering courses... well, i know UBC ranks lower than UofT, but i really don't fancy the weather there in Toronto. so I am actually quite frustrated about whether I should apply to both schools or just apply to UBC.
UBC isn't known for their engineering degree.
since U dislike the harsh winter Uni in other province are out.
ppl that do engineering usually head to UT or Mcgill.

if U are thinking of MD, DDS, PharmD in Canada.
do note that some programs at some Uni does not take international students. iirc with MD only UT and UAlberta do.
with DDS the quota allocated to international students is often small.

Last edited by patryn33; 07-30-2011 at 07:00 PM.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #25
gamsbuqocj
Banned

gamsbuqocj has a neutral reputation
Send a message via ICQ to gamsbuqocj
Default very nice hotels in israel you can read about

very nice - thanks

cheap hotels hotel collection bedding | tripp trapp hotel bedding
gamsbuqocj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:53 AM   #26
feliciaamandawijaya

feliciaamandawijaya has a neutral reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReadG View Post
Hi,

does anyone here have any info on studying in Vancouver or in Canada in genral? I'm pretty interested as I have relatives living there. Standard info like the school fees, cost of living etc will be appreciated.

Also info on the individual Unis. From what I've researched there's UVic and UBC. UBC has quite a high ranking on some studies I've seen. I'm interested in doing econs/finance/biz along those lines. Can anyone help me?
Hi DaReadG!

I came across this platform the other day when I was planning for my overseas studies called Flying Chalks. They help international students enhance their overseas studies experience like you can connect with friends that are going to the same university that you are going to and you can also ask for some advice from those who have been to that university You can check out their website at www.flyingchalks.com or you can visit their Facebook Page here!

As far as I know, they have quite a few guides on universities in Canada such as UBC, HEC Montreal, and many more that provide information about accommodation, flights, food outlets, leisure activities, and even comprehensive information about the university and the country you are heading to! Hope this helps!!
feliciaamandawijaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:17 AM   #27
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

you sign up to make 12 post (copy, paste and digging old threads) about the website.
I sense you are promoting the site. Please kindly refrain from such activity or risk ban. if you learn something on the site, share the details do not continue copy and paste activities.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote