BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SMU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #91
clarenceux

clarenceux has a neutral reputation

Hi lolified76

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolified76 View Post
WILL I RECEIVE ANOTHER LETTER FROM THEM.? COS I WANT BUSINESS MORE THAN SOCIAL SCIENCES FRANKLY SPEAKING.
If my memory serves me well, there are cases of applicants being called for interviews by different schools in SMU.

However, each university is only able to make one offer and this means SMU is only offering you SOSS. You will not receive a simultaneous offer from SMU Business school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolified76 View Post
Also, im wondering whether accepting SOCIAL SCIENCES will erase my place in business? THANKS!
If I were you, I would accept the place in SOSS first (or offers from other unis for that matter). You may try appealling against SMU's decision for the business course while holding an offer from an university. This is to ensure that you will not be left without a place in university.

Note that however, there is no online portal for appeal for SMU. Or rather, not that I know of. I think it is best if you call SMU and check with them on the appeal process.

On a separate note, NUS and NTU have appeal facilities online.

I hope this helps.
clarenceux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #92
zockon

zockon has a neutral reputation

hey lolified76... u may wanna check here... http://www.smu.edu.sg/admissions/app...faqs/index.asp
zockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #93
lolified76

lolified76 has a neutral reputation

thanks clarenceux for the information. you have been really helpful.

from what i know, SMU said that as long as one is shortlisted for an interview with any of their schools, they will definitely reply to them regardless of the outcome. so therefore, does that mean that LKCSB will definitely reject me, in light of my acceptance into SOSS?

my acceptance letter came from the SMU SOSS about 2 weeks after my interview. and i rmb that when SMU LKCSB called me up for the interview, they were aware of my interview with SOSS the week before. based on the statement above, will they at least send me a mail telling me about the outcome of my interview with LKCSB? it will be quite rude of them if they jus leave me hanging in the air right? im sure u guys will agree with me.

thanks zockon, yups there is an online appeal platform to the admissions dept. i jus sent an email to them about my query above, jus that i couldnt wait as im enlisting in 2 months time and i wanna settle everything before i go in.

Last edited by lolified76; 05-08-2009 at 02:57 PM.
lolified76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #94
yl09

yl09 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancywilliams View Post
Hi can anyone please send me some samples of Acceptance Letters.
Why would you need samples of acceptance letters?
yl09 is offline   Reply With Quote