BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SMU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
SK1994

SK1994 has a neutral reputation
Default SMU SIS undergrad life

Hello there

Im entering SMU IS next year and Ive been hearing from many sources that the IS course is the most rigorous course in SMU and that IS students are the ones with the lowest GPA in the school and related comments.

Id like to know some details about the general undergrad week in SIS and why it sounds like hell on earth from the comments I've heard

Also id like to know if theres any important tips that can I can do to prepare myself and any secrets for success? I know that since the curriculum is very project based, theres little I can do in terms of advanced prep except maybe learn and become comfortable with using java as thats the laguange that is taught in first year

any and all help is appreciated

Thanks!
SK1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
Tedc

Tedc has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK1994 View Post
Hello there

Im entering SMU IS next year and Ive been hearing from many sources that the IS course is the most rigorous course in SMU and that IS students are the ones with the lowest GPA in the school and related comments.

Id like to know some details about the general undergrad week in SIS and why it sounds like hell on earth from the comments I've heard

Also id like to know if theres any important tips that can I can do to prepare myself and any secrets for success? I know that since the curriculum is very project based, theres little I can do in terms of advanced prep except maybe learn and become comfortable with using java as thats the laguange that is taught in first year

any and all help is appreciated

Thanks!
Typical undergrad activity will consist of going for project meetings, which takes up large amount of time. Prepare yourself by thinking of which CCA you want to join so that you can have a life in university and make more friends. Its very tough to make friends in classroom whom you can talk cock with. You won't need much academic preparation, they won't expect you to have prior knowledge. Except read about how to improve your time management which is an important skill in university.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
jerichroberts

jerichroberts has a neutral reputation

I agreed with you Tedc time management is very important as you need to be flexible in university.