BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:41 AM   #1
alphabetinsanity

alphabetinsanity has a neutral reputation
Default Germany, Jap and HK Unis

Anyone has any stuff on German,Jap and HK Universities, in particular for Humanities subjects? Like sociology, philo and law?
alphabetinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:58 AM   #2
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

You may want to clarify "any stuff", when people see this term it generally mean one does not know the question one seek to get answered or/and one has not begin his/her research or home work.

Start by listing "stuff" and perhaps someone has an answer for u.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #3
nady_reply

nady_reply has a neutral reputation

if you can't even do basic research, how are you going to survive undergrad sociology, philo and law?
nady_reply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
alphabetinsanity

alphabetinsanity has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nady_reply View Post
if you can't even do basic research, how are you going to survive undergrad sociology, philo and law?

My apologies for not making my queries clear. I put "stuff" there as a generic term, because I honestly have so many questions about the universities. Queries like the acceptance of German/Japanese/Hk universities in Singapore, the attrition rate of students from these universities taking those courses, the assimilation of Singaporeans within those countries, the comparative advantages students of said universities against our local unis, the probabilities of foreign students being able to work in these countries, or what would be recommended unis for students interested in pursuing these courses within the confines of these universities.

"Stuff" was used not because I could not do basic research, but because there are simply too many questions that warrant difficult answers that I wish to pose. Hence i'd rather grab at any straws given to me first, before developing more specific queries to people who would be able to enlighten me.

Also, technically speaking, posing questions is also considered as doing basic research. While I appreciate your concern about my learning abilities, and express my deepest regret over the choice of words within my previous post, I would appreciate less sarcasm, and more conducive answers instead. If this was deemed as rude, I apologise to the moderator or commenter.
alphabetinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #5
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

Well Germany and Japan have a large number of uni how to generalize and answer to your qns.
As for HK maybe easier, comparative adv to local uni varies a lot too how to say in general so and so.

Still I find the stuff too generic and one can obtain these kinda general quick ans which serve you little purpose at those edu fair or hit the respective embassies for the edu dept to source for such info.

Attrition rates for undergrad level is not design to weed out ppl to ensure a small number of students graduate, attrition rates is high at phd level with big uni with large student to prof ratio. It's done to keep extremely high standards.

Working in these countries as long as u have the skills they seek and demand u get employed. Not hard to do digging into jobs sites or visa regulations

finding a job back home not really hard, rumor IDA had ppl with unaccredited degree working there
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ea...a-5013925.html

Have you done that? Have you pay them a visit? Posting a question without looking for an answer isn't basic research imho. research by definition is "the systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions."
The way u put it feels like u want the answers not where to go look for answers or start looking

Last edited by patryn33; 04-03-2015 at 12:26 AM.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #6
michdoughnuts

michdoughnuts has a neutral reputation

If you've got questions regarding applications and admissions to overseas universities, you can always check out the various education fairs held in Singapore. Application season is coming soon and I bet we'll be seeing quite a lot of them in the months to come.

On that note, any thoughts on how to pick the "good" education fairs? Ideally the good ones will involve alums from notable universities able to give relevant and factual information regarding their courses, or maybe university counselors/educational consultants who can help make sense of the application process, but I haven't come across these very often.

Any recommendations?
michdoughnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:09 AM   #7
zefang

zefang has a neutral reputation

Hi guys!

I came across this platform the other day when I was planning for my overseas studies called Flying Chalks. They help international students enhance their overseas studies experience like you can connect with friends that are going to the same university that you are going to and you can also ask for some advice from those who have been to that university. You can check out their website at www.flyingchalks.com or you can visit their Facebook Page here!

As far as I know, they have quite a few guides on universities that provide information about accommodation, flights, food outlets, leisure activities, and even comprehensive information about the university and the country you are heading to! Hope this helps!!
zefang is offline   Reply With Quote