BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > SMU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #11
insouciant

insouciant has a neutral reputation

ah dreams, forgot to tell u, i guess wat u intend t wear is good enough la! no worries!
insouciant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
DreamsDreams

DreamsDreams has a neutral reputation

Thanks Souc! Actually I decided on a dress. Hurrr. Just as presentable and much less fuss. Then it's a question of hair and... very "natural" makeup... x.x

That makes three of us not really interested in Law. oO Someone warned me that if we go SMU Law they will groom us for corporate, in-house-counsel style of "Law" and not practising-lawyer Law. Still not sure if that's what I want.
DreamsDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #13
insouciant

haha, 3 not really interested ppl discussing abt the interview :/ sounds weird and funny. nevertheless, we'll just do the best in our interviews and let it be eh.

and dreams, make-up?! great, i've never tried putting make-up myself in these 19years of my life. :/ you think it'll be ok if i go w/o makeup?

and.. "they will groom us for corporate, in-house-counsel style of "Law" and not practising-lawyer Law." => huh really, that is a total 'turn-off' leh.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:01 AM   #14
tsukiko

tsukiko has a neutral reputation

@insouciant, I'm down for the same interview slot as you! 9th april, 9.45am (: Just got my call today. I really want to take law, but my not-so-perfect results probably won't get me into NUS law.
tsukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:31 AM   #15
insouciant

hello tsukiko! haha, wonder if i can recognise you on that day (you know im jk cuz i've no info at all). ah, my grades ain't even near t perfect, and NUS haven't sent me any letters yet LOL, so yea, probably got striked off their list alr. im really worried abt the interview eh, cuz ive friends who screwed their SMU interviews (tho not law).. :/ hope i dun make a fool out of myself!

P.S: those who've alr went t the interviews, tell us more abt it?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #16
DreamsDreams

Souc - Yup, must try to make a good impression at least... to have something to fall back on if nothing else. NUS Biz hasn't got back to me so far. </3

Eh... if you're going to wear make-up, make it light. You don't exactly want to be remembered as "that Wayang show candidate". The friends I know don't bother with make-up but I have to put at least foundation because I have a lot of acne scars (itchy fingers, went to scratch).

As for "" being a turn-off, that's what I was told by my aunt who works in HR. Something like, it's not impossible to become a practising lawyer with a SMU degree, but it's more difficult because (something something bar). I got really confused because the person she brought me to talk to (who had a law degree from overseas) starting using all these terms.

What are your grades? I'm a AAC/A GP B PW B.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #17
wicheania

wicheania has a neutral reputation

ooh, i'm down for the slot right after dreams & redshadow, 8april 10am (:
& was thinking of wearing a formal-ish dress, hope that's alright.

edit/
OMG so nervous about the panel interview can D:

Last edited by wicheania; 04-05-2009 at 11:39 AM.
wicheania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #18
insouciant

dreams - ah, fall back on law LOL. we're weirdos, i thought ppl fall back on sth else if they dun get law. im interested in law eh, but maybe not smu. >.< dun think im gonna put on make up, i dno how to! >.< my grades? AAB(math)/AAAB(pw)

wicheania - as long as you feel comfortable in the dress it's ok la. and dun worry, we are ALL nervous abt the panel interview HAHA. you're NOT alone!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #19
red_shadow2

red_shadow2 has a neutral reputation

hey dreams hope to see u this wed. my exact interview time is 9:30am , sch of law ,level 3 , seminar room 3.4
red_shadow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #20
DreamsDreams

You know what? I think we're going to end up being the kind of people who bash during the panel interview instead of being bashed, for all our being scared. xD

Umm. Falling back on law. Let's just say SMU offered me Law before NUS offered me Biz (which is what I will do if they take me in), so while the second thinger remains uncertain I can try to make sure the first thinger at least gives me a place in a uni. I'm guessing it's the same case for you guys as well. Does that make sense?

Wich - Hey, maybe I'll see you coming in just as I'm walking out. :3

Does anyone know whether Dhoby Ghaut or City Hall MRT station is closer to the School of Law building? I have transport there but not back.

Edit for Red:
Huh... maybe you're in Wich's slot and not mine then. The guy who called me said "interview is at 9am, please come half an hour early i.e. 8.30am, please bring blahblahblahblahblah".

Last edited by DreamsDreams; 04-05-2009 at 02:47 PM.