BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > Comparison
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
cantabilo

cantabilo has a neutral reputation
Lightbulb Which course should I choose?

Should I go for SMU law or NTU business admin?

What do you think?

(I think I would prefer to study law and go into law as a career, but I don't think I would enjoy constantly being ostracised by employers for not being a NUS law graduate.)

Thanks
cantabilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
accentedstars

accentedstars has a neutral reputation

imho go for smu law. don't let fear of uncertainty stop you from pursuing what interests you. in the end, i believe the working system will reward the individual for their own value and what they have made of themselves in their uni years notwithstanding so much the school's name

and i also believe it's a mistake to cast smu off as some third-rate school. they have a fine-tune method of pedagogy that works for them. you just have to ask yourself if that's what fits you. or if that's what you want to be thrown into, so you can get use to being out of your comfort zone (a feeling that will be all too familiar in the real world)

Last edited by accentedstars; 05-10-2011 at 01:16 AM.
accentedstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
hui

hui has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantabilo View Post
Should I go for SMU law or NTU business admin?

What do you think?

(I think I would prefer to study law and go into law as a career, but I don't think I would enjoy constantly being ostracised by employers for not being a NUS law graduate.)

Thanks
i think you should pick the course which your interests lie.
smu law and ntu biz are two very different courses, in the way that it will lead to different paths in life.
so, i think you should pick the course that you like most!

moreover, i doubt that employers would ostracise or scorn you just because you are a SMU law grad, and not NUS. though the brand name of the two universities are rather different, ultimately it is your effort that you put into your work that matters. on top of that, and it is also based on your performance during job interview.
and with regards to performing during job interview, i think SMU does prepare students quite well in terms of their teaching structure of more presentations, etc.
so, dont let the university affects your choice.
follow your heart!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
jerichroberts

jerichroberts has a neutral reputation

It's better to have the course that you really like because it gives you motivation and dreams what you wanted to become.

Tags
business, law, ntu, smu