BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas > UK
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:54 AM   #191
Elsy Lim

Elsy Lim has a neutral reputation

Hello!

Actually I am just keeping an open mind on the education offered both locally and overseas. Because I have heard that UK Nursing has quite a good reputation. But those are just what I heard, and I am not sure what makes it superior to Singapore's Nursing education. In addition, I am intending to look towards giving myself more exposure in the are of Nursing!

I am applying for MOHH scholarship so I am considering overseas also! Because my belief is that if you can study in a course, why not strive for the better ones in the field? That's just my opinion.

I see! Thank you! That insight is really helpful for me! I will reconsider my choices once again! And thank you for the links! Hehe!
Elsy Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:02 AM   #192
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

If u going for scholarship I have to agree why not go with best in the field.
UK in general more focus in an area, American at undergrad level gives u the opportunity to explore all the various major in nursing.

If u plan to move to higher degree american edu often times open to undergrad research. Gives u a glimpse into research work in higher learning.

I will make usa my choice over UK, all the renown med school in states can network and learn

Correction: not all usa uni offer nursing Bach
If u coming from JC may get 1 term off, maybe able to do accelerated degree and go for masters. Pack them in 4-5 yrs like many psc scholars are doing. Not sure if MOHH allows that.
Ie
http://nursing.uw.edu

Last edited by patryn33; 04-12-2015 at 02:30 AM.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #193
Elsy Lim

Elsy Lim has a neutral reputation

I see! I will have a look at US universities too, then! Thank you for your advice! and thank you once again for analyzing this whole situation with me! It really helped me a lot!
Elsy Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #194
morphl

morphl has a neutral reputation

If any of you are interested in applying for UK Universities, these guys give pretty good advice/guidance - www.gurume.co.uk.

They came to my school for talks
morphl is offline   Reply With Quote