BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Career Issues > Career Issues > Engineering, Research & Science-Related
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #31
hello panda

hello panda has a neutral reputation

hi.... I am going to accept NUS chem too cos i think that working in the engineering field is not for me...

Regarding the honours... I was thinking whether getting into NTU CBC.. Will it be easier to get an honours... As NTU provide direct honours...
hello panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #32
evonne29

evonne29 has a neutral reputation
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmurasakix View Post
im going nus chem too!! =)
hi, you've any idea where you wna work next time after you graduate? cos i also wna go nus chem but scared come out the pay not good and might end up as teacher
evonne29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #33
ailin

ailin has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello panda View Post
hi.... I am going to accept NUS chem too cos i think that working in the engineering field is not for me...

Regarding the honours... I was thinking whether getting into NTU CBC.. Will it be easier to get an honours... As NTU provide direct honours...
in ntu, u will still nd to maintain a certain gpa to qualify for direct honours... So, it won't be easy either..
ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #34
hello panda

hello panda has a neutral reputation
Default Moe ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmurasakix View Post
erm..im under the teaching scholarship..so im gna be a tcher..i tink if u dun wan u can go into de private sector =)
I am going for MOE Teaching award interview next tues... Any guidelines? And do i have to take any test?
hello panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #35
icanmakeit

icanmakeit has a neutral reputation

I am also interested in chemistry course and was offered to study cbc in NTU. Yet, I think I did better in Maths rather than Chemistry in my high-school. So is it a wise choice for me to pursue in this field or shall I choose something related to Maths and it'll be an advantage for me? Any advice?
Thanks.
icanmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #36
evonne29

evonne29 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icanmakeit View Post
I am also interested in chemistry course and was offered to study cbc in NTU. Yet, I think I did better in Maths rather than Chemistry in my high-school. So is it a wise choice for me to pursue in this field or shall I choose something related to Maths and it'll be an advantage for me? Any advice?
Thanks.
hey icanmakeit,

i was facing the exact dilemma last year! but i have just completed my year 1 as a statistics major. I took up chemistry and maths modules during my first year and i must say, if you are not the type who can understand chemistry fast and excel in it (like the way maths just seems to be more catchy to me), i advise you not to pursue chemistry.

personally, i require more time to apply chemistry concepts but will eventually be able to master them. so things did not work out well for me and i screwed up most of my chemistry modules.

however, it decision still depends on you because you might not be having the same problems as me in handling chemistry.
evonne29 is offline   Reply With Quote