BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Public Service Commission
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #11
ticelli

ticelli has a neutral reputation
Smile What questions should I ask the PSC interviewers?

Can someone please give me some suggestions on what are some of the questions to ask the PSC interviewers at the end of the interview? Thank you very much.
ticelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:56 PM   #12
txru

txru has a neutral reputation

Hey, when does the early application deadline end? I submitted my application shortly after the A levels ended but heard no news yet? does that mean they'll wait until the release of results before shortlisting? thanks
txru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:55 AM   #13
LockT31W

LockT31W has a neutral reputation

they won't necesssarily call you even if you apply early. they might choose to interview you after your results are released, or decide not to call you at all.
LockT31W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #14
txru

txru has a neutral reputation

alright, thanks for the info!
txru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
AvlynCriss

AvlynCriss has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticelli View Post
Can someone please give me some suggestions on what are some of the questions to ask the PSC interviewers at the end of the interview? Thank you very much.
I remembered my interview. I didn't ask a single question. By the end of the interview (it is supposed to be about 15 mins long, but they'll stretch) you can be so tired you might not even ask a question.

However, questions pertaining to your career or the scholarship process can be answered by the other psc staff during the tea session after the scholarship has been offered.

I guess a question you can ask them is what do they expect of you, or how do you think you can improve yourself.
AvlynCriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #16
smore

smore has a neutral reputation

Hi, i recently received an email saying i got nominated for the 2009 PSC provisional scholarships. Does anyone know what the provisional scholarship entails and how it differs from an early application? Does this mean that interviews will be conducted before the release of the A level results?

Thanks (:
smore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:03 AM   #17
ticelli

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvlynCriss View Post
I remembered my interview. I didn't ask a single question. By the end of the interview (it is supposed to be about 15 mins long, but they'll stretch) you can be so tired you might not even ask a question.

However, questions pertaining to your career or the scholarship process can be answered by the other psc staff during the tea session after the scholarship has been offered.

I guess a question you can ask them is what do they expect of you, or how do you think you can improve yourself.
ok, thanks alot for the suggestion)
Old 12-31-2008, 11:05 AM   #18
ticelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by smore View Post
Hi, i recently received an email saying i got nominated for the 2009 PSC provisional scholarships. Does anyone know what the provisional scholarship entails and how it differs from an early application? Does this mean that interviews will be conducted before the release of the A level results?

Thanks (:
i suppose it is similar to an early app. I received a similar email some time back and is currently in the process of application
Old 05-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #19
verlynchan

verlynchan has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoweixin View Post
I think i'm just gonna talk about PSC application. It's an ongoing process so do start early in J2 if you are interested. First, there's this psychometric test which tests your cognitive ability and personality. It's during july/aug (or around that period) so rmb to sign up for that in school or you will need to do it at some other place and time. then try your best for your prelims cuz if you do, you can use it to apply for early PSC application. the advantage of early application is that you will statistically stand a better chance (supposedly because schools usually kill their students in prelims and hence less people apply using prelim results), and once you get conditional offers, the requirement for you in A levels would be something like 3As and 1B. In another words, 3As 1Bs in A levels could get you a scholarship if you apply early and get the conditional offers, but when you apply after the A level results when thousands would have 4As, it's harder to stand out. Another reason to apply early is that you can do your psychological interview (1st interview) during the dec holidays, or guys you would have to do it during NS. So after the psychological interview, it would be the actual board interview where they would decide to award you or not. For the psychological interview, just be yourself and be truthful. as for the actual board interview, please read up on current issues or any other general knowledge cuz PSC wants people who are not just study-smart too. Yup so prepare well and start building up your CV too. all the best! =)
hi, i'm a J2 student. How do i start to apply actually? and what do i need to do to prepare to apply?
verlynchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #20
Haecceity

Haecceity has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by verlynchan View Post
hi, i'm a J2 student. How do i start to apply actually? and what do i need to do to prepare to apply?
Hi there, and welcome!

I'm not sure when application starts, but you can apply before your A level results come in (with your prelim results). You go to the PSC portal and apply. Technically, you just need your school results, testimonial, and CCA records. Oh, and you'll have to write an essay, if I recall correctly.

However, if you want a good shot at it, besides the grades, I think having an internship at a public sector organisation is good since they actually ask if you have done an internship with them before. Also, like weixin said, having a good portfolio is important.
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
Haecceity is offline   Reply With Quote