BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #21
ripepumpkin

ripepumpkin has a neutral reputation

haha okay cool. I applied around mid feb too. Applied for double degree law and business though. Business 1st choice, Law 2nd.
ripepumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #22
Resurgency

Resurgency has a neutral reputation

well has anybody else gotten the letter/changes to the online facility yet?
Resurgency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #23
tsukiko

tsukiko has a neutral reputation

Wow, mid-feb? That's really early. My supporting documents only got through end of March. Hopefully that's why I haven't gotten any changes to my application status yet :/ Anyhow, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and checking my mail everyday!
tsukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #24
ripepumpkin

hurrs, i applied mid feb, but haven't gotten any change on the online facility too... wondering whether its cos of the double degree indication... oh well. wait i shall :/ good luck everyone!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #25
jxwee

jxwee has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripepumpkin View Post
hurrs, i applied mid feb, but haven't gotten any change on the online facility too... wondering whether its cos of the double degree indication... oh well. wait i shall :/ good luck everyone!
hmm... i applied same as u leh.. but still no news =/
jxwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #26
Zyvroklsayt

Zyvroklsayt has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Zyvroklsayt, may i know the kind of topics that they would test for the writing portion? and how long does the interview usually last? thanks!
Right. Like I said, the purpose of the written test is to test your analytical/thinking/processing/evaluating skills, and how well you can express it on paper.

The test I got was one where they gave us a hypothetical situation, as well as a part of an Act. And then they asked, what are the possible claims that the parties involved could bring against each other, and are there any possible defences?

So the idea was to test how applicants could read the facts and understand what was happening, understand the law and its implications, and then apply the law to the facts.

To see how you analyse/evaluate, you could be given any sort of question. Perhaps they might provide a short dissertation on existing law, asking you to give your thoughts on whether it should be reformed or not. Perhaps something like a GP essay. Which is why I say there isn't really much you can do to prepare for it. It'll mostly depend on how well you can understand and apply what you're given, think, and answer.

Interviews last about 10-15 minutes I think. You could be asked anything under the sun. It's mainly to see how you can think and react on the spot.
PGP Resident (08/09, 09/10Sem1), Raffles Hall Resident (09/10Sem2)
Email: [email protected]

Rule 2 from The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates: "A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on."
Zyvroklsayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #27
Resurgency

Guys, I just got the "Interview status" added to my online facility. I applied in early March. You guys should check it out. Interview dates not confirmed though.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #28
ripepumpkin

hmmm, yes, i got the "interview status" on too. no scheduled date either yet.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #29
Resurgency

My interview is scheduled on the 17 with the test being on the 19. Will be expecting the letter real soon.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #30
benjaminong

benjaminong has a neutral reputation

They just e-mailed me telling me that I should get the formal letter by Saturday.

I'm starting NS just a few days before the interview/test (Wednesday, to be exact). Does anyone else in a similar situation know if we'll be given permission to leave camp for the interview/test? I'm still waiting for a reply from both NUS and SAF.
benjaminong is offline   Reply With Quote