BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #11
ruuix

ruuix has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceux View Post
Yeah, definitely. But registration for both camps are not open yet, right?

....Or they are?

I don't think they are open yet. Hahaha.
ruuix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #12
rylche

rylche has a neutral reputation

I'm probably gonna major in Economics and Philosophy ( should the option of double major be offered to me! )

However, I am not really sure on how NUS Econs course would compare to the other two local universities.
rylche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #13
ruuix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylche View Post
I'm probably gonna major in Economics and Philosophy ( should the option of double major be offered to me! )

However, I am not really sure on how NUS Econs course would compare to the other two local universities.
Hello fellow course mate to be! Yeah, I had problems selecting from the 3 unis, in the end i settled for FASS because I like how I can try my hands on the different modules before I declare my major (you know, just in case i realise econs isn't the one for me).
Old 05-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #14
violet28

violet28 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruuix View Post
Hello fellow course mate to be! Yeah, I had problems selecting from the 3 unis, in the end i settled for FASS because I like how I can try my hands on the different modules before I declare my major (you know, just in case i realise econs isn't the one for me).
Hi, I also would like to go fass, which choice u place for fass and what are your grades and uni score? Congrats!
violet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #15
ruuix

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet28 View Post
Hi, I also would like to go fass, which choice u place for fass and what are your grades and uni score? Congrats!
Hi! FASS was my first choice! I got ABC/C, GP B, PW B, HCL B. If I remember correctly, my uni score's... 77.5? I can't really remember. :/ Good luck with you application!
Old 05-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #16
violet28

violet28 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruuix View Post
Hi! FASS was my first choice! I got ABC/C, GP B, PW B, HCL B. If I remember correctly, my uni score's... 77.5? I can't really remember. :/ Good luck with you application!
Oh i 4gt to ask when were u offered? I had around the same as u, juz tat gp D HCL A.. Thx..

Last edited by violet28; 05-17-2009 at 09:01 PM.
violet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
ruuix

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet28 View Post
Oh i 4gt to ask when were u offered? I had around the same as u, juz tat gp D HCL A.. Thx..
I got my offer in late april...
Old 05-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #18
xinxin

xinxin has a neutral reputation

Planning to major in psychology
xinxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #19
pearl

pearl has a neutral reputation

im keen on studying psychology in fass too keke. i just hv some queries which i hope anyone can clear them up. say i study psychology in nus, what jobs can i do with that degree if i don't pursue further studies? eg. counsellor? MCYS? there doesn't seem like much to do.

Last edited by pearl; 05-18-2009 at 11:30 AM.
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #20
indemsify

indemsify has a neutral reputation

definitely much more than that..you can work in marketing related fields, human resource management , educational psychologist, journalism or writers, civil service sectors require psychologist in almost every stat board, even dxos under mindef..check out their web..anw...there are no strict accreditions to WHO can practice clinical psychology in singapore YET. if im not wrong, last check is just a psychological society ...so there are people practicing as psychos with honours only. but mostly first class...i guess..

And if u want to pursue further...masters not only in clinical psychology...theres still forensic, criminal psychology etc..can work in police force maybe..??? explore! google it.
indemsify is offline   Reply With Quote