BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Private > Singapore Airlines
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
cupofpens

cupofpens has a neutral reputation
Default "State what you are particularly proud of about your National Service (Include awards)."

Er... is this question for Males who have been through NS only?

I initially thought National Service could be interpreted to mean things we have contributed to the country. for males and females alike.

The "awards" bit confused me. Sorry, I'm not well-versed in NS awards at all. I thought guys only had ranks in the army? I really interpreted "awards" to mean national awards... referring to all students...

I think they needed this NS question to see "patriotism", a little. No doubt this is a private scholarship, but I think it is still SINGAPORE Airlines, and this is quite a prominent local firm which helps Sg's GDP significantly. Haha.

My 2-cents: I think competition for this scholarship is always very intense. iirc, a recent Brightsparks survey listed SIA among top 5 of scholarship providers. My reason is that SIA is a private corporation which has spent millions on corporate image and advertisement, which is why SIA has the "cool factor"

Last edited by cupofpens; 03-14-2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: NS awards?
cupofpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
legendary

legendary has a neutral reputation

"awards" probably refer to those Platoon/Company Best Trainee or Sword of Merit/Honour awards handed out during various training phases
legendary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
LockT31W

LockT31W has a neutral reputation

Just leave it blank if you're female. Don't need to think so much.
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
LockT31W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
Run

Run has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockT31W View Post
Just leave it blank if you're female. Don't need to think so much.
Or you could put 'Not Applicable' or 'N.A.'

Alternatively, you could always volunteer for NS. Then you might have something to write there later on.
Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
johnT

johnT has a neutral reputation

How about those males who have yet to enlist in NS? Should they apply for the Singapore Airlines scholarship when they are serving in NS?
johnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
Haecceity

Haecceity has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnT View Post
How about those males who have yet to enlist in NS? Should they apply for the Singapore Airlines scholarship when they are serving in NS?
Hi, you might like to take a look at this thread.
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
Haecceity is offline   Reply With Quote