BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas > Canada
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
joelfooxj

joelfooxj has a neutral reputation
Default University of Toronto

Has anyone here been accepted yet?
joelfooxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #2
pokerface

pokerface has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfooxj View Post
Has anyone here been accepted yet?
which course did you apply for?
pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
Crosser

Crosser has a neutral reputation
Thumbs up

yes, I have been accepted to Faculty of applied Science and Engineering at St. George Campus at U of T.
Crosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
joelfooxj

joelfooxj has a neutral reputation

I applied for Physics at St.George. Got accepted, think I got into 2nd year.

However, since I'm an new Upper Year student, I didn't get residency at my applied college (new college). Applied for single room at Chestnut, waiting for them.

Who here's got residency already?
joelfooxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #5
fehz

fehz has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosser View Post
yes, I have been accepted to Faculty of applied Science and Engineering at St. George Campus at U of T.
Hey man, what did you use to apply for a place in UofT? A levels?
fehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

UofT accepts either A or dip.
Does that ans your qns?
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
bangbang

bangbang has a neutral reputation
Hello, I just graduated from JC last year with quite average results...
Like BBD/A GP D , PW A... Is it possible to get a place in U Of T chemistry faculty?

Thanks in advance for replying (:
bangbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
patryn33

What is your Os like? There is a chance u should try other Ontario uni ie Queens, UWO, McMaster. Or try uni such as McGill too, don't put your eggs in 1 basket.

science programs in Ontario - The requirements are:
1. 5 GCE (O level) subjects at least two of which must be at the Advanced Level (A level)
2. Advanced Level subjects appropriate for your chosen program. For Science and Engineering programs, Mathematics and one of Physics or Chemistry must be offered at the Advanced Level
3. Grades of at least C must be presented in each of the Advanced Level subjects. Some programs may require higher grades.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #9
bangbang

bangbang has a neutral reputation
Pardon me but could you explain 1 and )2 more clearly please? I don't intend to use my O level results to go to any university because I have to take foundation year or something like that( something I heard from people)

EL B3
Emath A2
Amath A2
Physics A2
Chem B3
CL A1
Combined humans (geog + ss) A2
bangbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #10
patryn33

there is no foundation year program at Canadian uni, don't go by hearsay, verify everything.

U need both GCE O level and A level results to apply; the don't just look at A level and U can do away without sending in O level. What is your D at A level? that D might hurt your chance.

http://www.uwo.ca/univsec/handbook/a...ernational.pdf
Quote:
GENERAL CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION (GCE) REQUIREMENTS
(S.96-238, S.98-037)
Qualifications other than those listed may be considered on an individual basis by the Office of the Registrar
provided they are equivalent to the standing required for admission to the first year level at this University.

1. Applicants seeking admission to Year I of The University of Western Ontario on the basis of
General Certificate of Education Examinations must submit the following minimum admission
requirements or their equivalent:
a) Five General Certificate of Education (GCE)\General Certificate of Secondary Education
(GCSE) examinations of which two must be at the advanced level.
OR
b) Four General Certificate of Education (GCE)\General Certificate of Secondary Education
(GCSE) examinations of which three must be at the advanced level.

2. General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level examinations (or equivalent) will be considered a
pass if mark is an A, B, or C.

3. Students who receive a 'B' grade on predicted or final GCE "A" level exams will receive advanced
standing credit for those courses approved by the appropriate faculty.

Note: Two Advanced Supplemental (AS) level exams will be considered equivalent to one GCE Advanced
(A) level exam except for prerequisites. One GCSE exam will be considered equivalent to one GCE
Ordinary (0) level exam.
here if from UT
http://www.artsci.utoronto.ca/future...udents/british
Quote:
Requirements for Students Completing the GCE

- At least five different Ordinary Level subjects and four different Advanced Subsidiary subjects OR three different Advanced Level subjects, including at least two traditional academic subjects

- General Paper is not acceptable

-Traditional academic subjects include:
all languages, Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, Classics, Computer Science, Economics, English, Geography, Geology, Government and Politics, History, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Religious Studies and Statistics

- Prerequisites should be presented at Advanced or Advanced Subsidiary Level - some programs may consider excellent Ordinary Level results for fulfilling a prerequisite

- Applicants to the Rotman Commerce program are required to complete an online supplemental application
All examinations must be conducted by an examination authority located in the UK or an equivalent authority elsewhere

-GCE students may receive transfer credit for some courses - more information will be provided at the time of admission.
http://www.queensu.ca/admission/appl...Singapore.html
Quote:
General Requirements

Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Ordinary and Advanced Levels
▪ Grades required for admission will vary by program but based on the Singapore grading scale, the minimum average needed to fall within the competitive range is predicted/final B’s in three Advanced Level subjects.

Science [QS]
Mathematics and two of Biology, Chemistry or Physics at the Advanced Level. English at the Ordinary Level.
http://www.mcmaster.ca/oia/adreq.htm

Last edited by patryn33; 04-29-2013 at 05:50 AM.