BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
jodyy

jodyy has a neutral reputation
Default need advice between NUS engineering & NTU mathematical science

Hi everyone,

I am currently in a huge dilemma of choosing between NUS engineering and NTU mathematical science. I was first offered mathematical sciences and was quite happy with it because I like math as a subject. However I heard that university mathematics is more theory based and unlike what we have learnt in secondary school/JC. Engineering is a broader degree which might be better for me as I am still unsure on what I would like to do in the future. But I dont exactly do well in physics and engineering is quite a bit of physics.

Any advice?

Last edited by jodyy; 05-30-2016 at 01:50 PM.
jodyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
xstreamshadow

xstreamshadow has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyy View Post
Hi everyone,

I am currently in a huge dilemma of choosing between NUS engineering and NTU mathematical science. I was first offered mathematical sciences and was quite happy with it because I like math as a subject. However I heard that university mathematics is more theory based and unlike what we have learnt in secondary school/JC. Engineering is a broader degree which might be better for me as I am still unsure on what I would like to do in the future. But I dont exactly do well in physics and engineering is quite a bit of physics.

Any advice?
I am not really the best person to be answering but what type of engineering do you plan to do? I know there is a broad engineering degree that NUS offers but you will still need to specialize sooner or later. As for the NTU math, there are 4 tracks you can choose from within the degree, the pure math track, applied math track, statistics track and business analytics. You learn slightly different things based on which track you choose.
xstreamshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:47 PM   #3
[email protected]

G@pEase has a neutral reputation

Hello!! Could you please spare us a min of your time to help complete this short feedback survey for a project we are working on?

https://tinyurl.com/myFuture-surv

thank you so much!! wish you all the best for your studies/future!!
G@pEase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ntu adm, ntu spms, nus application, nus engineering