BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #21
kuding

kuding has a neutral reputation

hey ppl. i am quite lost. i got offer from NUS pharmacy and NTU TCM. My first choice was NUS medicine but got rejected. i rather go for NTU TCM rather than NUS pharm. meanwhile, i do want to appeal for NUS medicine. in that case, do i accept NUS pharmacy first? but in the event that appeal is unsuccessful (which most probably will be) , does it mean that i dun get NTU TCM anymore? pls help me if u know how to go abt solving this. thousand thanks.
kuding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #22
nanabanana

nanabanana has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuding View Post
hey ppl. i am quite lost. i got offer from NUS pharmacy and NTU TCM. My first choice was NUS medicine but got rejected. i rather go for NTU TCM rather than NUS pharm. meanwhile, i do want to appeal for NUS medicine. in that case, do i accept NUS pharmacy first? but in the event that appeal is unsuccessful (which most probably will be) , does it mean that i dun get NTU TCM anymore? pls help me if u know how to go abt solving this. thousand thanks.
accpet ntu first and appeal for nus!
nanabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #23
nanabanana

nanabanana has a neutral reputation
Default nus appeal

btw, who knows if the 1000 character limit for nus appeal includes spaces or without spaces?
nanabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #24
gossipgirl

gossipgirl has a neutral reputation

i've a question to ask: if i have an offer at ntu,but i really want my first choice,should i accept my offer and appeal,or appeal first and accept later? thanks!
gossipgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:34 PM   #25
kendo

kendo has a neutral reputation
Default Appeals

for appeals, do i appeal back to the same course that i wanted or to a course that i think gives u a higher chance and i did not put it in my choices at first?
anw i got rejectd by both nus and ntu.
kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:10 PM   #26
cherrycyber

cherrycyber has a neutral reputation
Unhappy Appeals

Hi I got rejected by both NTU and NUS. If I choose back my first choice, will I be rejected again? Can anyone give me any advices as to what to write for appeals to have a higher chance of getting in? Please help and reply ASAP. Thank You.
cherrycyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #27
clarenceux

clarenceux has a neutral reputation

Hi everyone,

I am asking on behalf on a friend whose questions really stumped me. So here I am asking if anyone knows the answer to her questions. She has accepted NUS Business but appealing to SMU Accountancy.

Q1) Is the second window of acceptance a joint portal like the Joint Acceptance portal (15 April - 1 June)?

Q2) If her appeal is successful, does she need to indicate on the second window of acceptance on her choice on NUS/SMU?

Q3) If she wants to remain in NUS even though her appeal is successful, is there anything she needs to do?

Thanks in advance.
clarenceux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #28
kari

kari has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanabanana View Post
btw, who knows if the 1000 character limit for nus appeal includes spaces or without spaces?
it includes spaces and punctuation marks.
kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #29
hosannapraisegod

hosannapraisegod has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceux View Post
Hi everyone,

I am asking on behalf on a friend whose questions really stumped me. So here I am asking if anyone knows the answer to her questions. She has accepted NUS Business but appealing to SMU Accountancy.

Q1) Is the second window of acceptance a joint portal like the Joint Acceptance portal (15 April - 1 June)?

Q2) If her appeal is successful, does she need to indicate on the second window of acceptance on her choice on NUS/SMU?

Q3) If she wants to remain in NUS even though her appeal is successful, is there anything she needs to do?

Thanks in advance.
Hi clarenceux,

Q1) Not too sure about the 2nd acceptance window being a joint acceptance portal just like the 1st acceptance period but the 2nd acceptance period is from 10 – 22 June 2009. (Maybe others can offer insight.)

Q2) If appeal to SMU is successful, she would have to inform NUS of her decision to withdraw from the previously accepted offer. (Again, not too sure on how this is done, but if the 2nd acceptance window works like the first, I would think just changing the choice on the portal will do, if not drop an email to NUS to withdraw from the course.)

Q3) If she would wish to remain in NUS even though appeal is successful, she would not have to do anything since she had already accepted the NUS offer during the 1st acceptance.

Hope it helps.
Best wishes
hosannapraisegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #30
happified

happified has a neutral reputation
Default Confused with the 2nd acceptance window

I also have the same questions as clarenceux's friend

I'm really curious whether we can still change courses in the 2nd acceptance window because i really do hope so.

I realised that nus didnt state the 2nd joint acceptance dates in their admission website however.
happified is offline   Reply With Quote