BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS > Health Sciences (Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing)
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
retrosai

retrosai has a neutral reputation
Smile Applying for Nursing iwith Diploma in Biotechnology

Hey guys!

I would like to enrol in NUS ursing as I have taken a liking to it due to my medic days in NS. I have a Biotech diploma, however with a GPA of 2.93. May I know if this is a safe GPA? Thanks!
retrosai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
rui

rui has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosai View Post
Hey guys!

I would like to enrol in NUS ursing as I have taken a liking to it due to my medic days in NS. I have a Biotech diploma, however with a GPA of 2.93. May I know if this is a safe GPA? Thanks!
Based on IGP 2010, the 10th percentile for NUS Nursing is 3.23. Additionally, there might be an interview and/or test.

I'm afraid that with your current GPA of 2.93, regardless whatever grade inflation/deflation, you might not be able to qualify for NUS Nursing.
Nota bene: What I say reflects purely my own opinion; it may not be definitive, and in no way representative of BrightSparks. Do exercise your own discretion in assimilating the information in coming up with your own opinions and decisions.

Local Moderator - UK
rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
chris_mc726

chris_mc726 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosai View Post
Hey guys!

Anyway the question here is that, do you really have the passion to touch life? Don’t apply for something cuz of its low Cut off point or so. I can tell you that Nursing is a hard-hitting program( I’m from Ngee Ann nursing program). Countless night shift and long hours of work originated me to have the pronouncement to not carry on with nursing. True that the experience itself was priceless but I don’t think I’m capable of taking the challenge anymore. That’s the reason why I’m going to apply for Law or Social Sciences for my University program this coming intake. Anyway, why not consider studying abroad? There are some good quality university out there if you were to do some research on it.
chris_mc726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:03 PM   #4
Elsy Lim

Elsy Lim has a neutral reputation

Hello! Sorry!

I am actually considering of going for overseas undergraduate degree for Nursing! However I am not sure which universities are quite accredited and may offer better Nursing Degrees. My friends told me that NUS Nursing is not necessarily the best institute for Nursing. Would like to know what other overseas universities I can consider other than those accredited by SNB.
Elsy Lim is offline   Reply With Quote