BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS > Health Sciences (Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing)
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:48 PM   #1
lifeisabtlearning

lifeisabtlearning has a neutral reputation
Default Nus med 2015-2016

Hello guys,

I created this thread just so we can update everyone on our application progress for 2015/2016 cohort. I bet the informations we share here, might be helpful for the coming cohort of students too!

Regards with lots of luck!

Last edited by lifeisabtlearning; 04-01-2015 at 11:55 PM.
lifeisabtlearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:44 AM   #2
Curio

Curio has a neutral reputation

Hey there

Good that there's a thread to check how everybody is doing. Heard from a friend that short-listing process have started since last week and some have already been notified of their interviews and judgement test.

Presumably, they are the first batch of applicants to be interviewed, as the first interview date is on 7th April 2015 (source: http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply/loca...nterviews.html)

Last interview date is on 18 April 2015

As short-listed applicants are usually informed at least one week earlier, we have until next Friday, 10 April 2015 to hope for a short-listing email. After that, the chances of interview, let alone admission, is as good as zero.

Best of luck to all of us
Curio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:51 AM   #3
lifeisabtlearning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curio View Post
Hey there

Good that there's a thread to check how everybody is doing. Heard from a friend that short-listing process have started since last week and some have already been notified of their interviews and judgement test.

Presumably, they are the first batch of applicants to be interviewed, as the first interview date is on 7th April 2015 (source: http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply/loca...nterviews.html)

Last interview date is on 18 April 2015

As short-listed applicants are usually informed at least one week earlier, we have until next Friday, 10 April 2015 to hope for a short-listing email. After that, the chances of interview, let alone admission, is as good as zero.

Best of luck to all of us
hey!! Oh really? I always thought it was either 7-8, or 14-15. lol
Old 04-03-2015, 06:20 PM   #4
lifeisabtlearning

Default Email from medadmission

"Hi,

Thank you for your email. Shortlisting is done by Office of Admissions and shortlisting period is from now till the second week of April.

Best regards,
Admissions Team"

This email was sent yesterday at 6.20pm in reply to my query. WHICH means the medical school is not involved in the shortlisting process at all. The shortlisting is done from the main admission office!
Old 04-04-2015, 12:20 AM   #5
Curio

Curio has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabtlearning View Post
"Hi,

Thank you for your email. Shortlisting is done by Office of Admissions and shortlisting period is from now till the second week of April.

Best regards,
Admissions Team"

This email was sent yesterday at 6.20pm in reply to my query. WHICH means the medical school is not involved in the shortlisting process at all. The shortlisting is done from the main admission office!
Thanks for the update. This is highly unlikely, given that applications (especially eis) go through the YLL portal which only the school of medicine has access to.

Only one possibility:

Only shortlisting of candidates via the normal route (I.e. AAA/A applicants) is done by Office of Admissions. Shortlisting of EIS candidates is still done through YLL school of medicine. Since the shortlisting of candidates via normal route is rather straightforward and solely depend on A level results (I.e. Computerised)
Curio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:23 AM   #6
lifeisabtlearning

I'm sorry for not making it clear. I was talking about the conventional applications NOT the EIS. (: