BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS > Health Sciences (Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing)
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
Dimensional

Dimensional has a neutral reputation
Default Applying for medicine

Hi guys. I got back my alevel result this year and I got A for my PCM/E while my gp n pw got C and B respectively. With that I got 86.5 out of 90. My friends say that my chance into medicine is very very low as medicine accept mostly at least 87.5. Beside my econs was a H1 and that my friend say that medicine is more likely to accept AAA/B for 4 H2s as compared to AAA/A for 3 H2s. Is that true cause now I very scared. I did apply for nus medicine but they didnt even call me for the interview. Now I trying to learn bmat as I m goin to give a shot into ntu medicine. Do I still have a chance? Besides since I didnt go for nus medicine interview, can I try for it again next year? Damn this thing is really bothering me a lot.
Dimensional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:14 AM   #2
Liverpool999

Liverpool999 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensional View Post
Hi guys. I got back my alevel result this year and I got A for my PCM/E while my gp n pw got C and B respectively. With that I got 86.5 out of 90. My friends say that my chance into medicine is very very low as medicine accept mostly at least 87.5. Beside my econs was a H1 and that my friend say that medicine is more likely to accept AAA/B for 4 H2s as compared to AAA/A for 3 H2s. Is that true cause now I very scared. I did apply for nus medicine but they didnt even call me for the interview. Now I trying to learn bmat as I m goin to give a shot into ntu medicine. Do I still have a chance? Besides since I didnt go for nus medicine interview, can I try for it again next year? Damn this thing is really bothering me a lot.
Hi Dimensional!

Just to address your concerns and questions:

1. Your results are actually pretty decent - given that you secured 4As in 3H2+1H1 subjects.

2. With respect to "Beside my econs was a H1 and that my friend say that medicine is more likely to accept AAA/B for 4 H2s as compared to AAA/A for 3 H2s. Is that true cause now I very scared.", it is definitely not true. NUS' Grade Profile is based on 3H2 & 1H1 (refer http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/gradeprofi...ramme-igp.html), so you meet their criteria.

3. If you have not been called up by NUS YLL SoM for an interview, you can retry by submitting another application.

4. To help you in your BMAT preparation, do consider this 1-day crash course that is highly recommended coming up on 4th and 5th Sept 2015 :

http://www.bmatcrashcourse.com/singapore/

5. There are different options to fulfil your dream of studying medicine. Ask if you have further queries.

All the best, my friend!
Liverpool999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:09 AM   #3
Curio

Curio has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool999 View Post
Hi Dimensional!

Just to address your concerns and questions:

1. Your results are actually pretty decent - given that you secured 4As in 3H2+1H1 subjects.

2. With respect to "Beside my econs was a H1 and that my friend say that medicine is more likely to accept AAA/B for 4 H2s as compared to AAA/A for 3 H2s. Is that true cause now I very scared.", it is definitely not true. NUS' Grade Profile is based on 3H2 & 1H1 (refer http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/gradeprofi...ramme-igp.html), so you meet their criteria.

3. If you have not been called up by NUS YLL SoM for an interview, you can retry by submitting another application.

4. To help you in your BMAT preparation, do consider this 1-day crash course that is highly recommended coming up on 4th and 5th Sept 2015 :

http://www.bmatcrashcourse.com/singapore/

5. There are different options to fulfil your dream of studying medicine. Ask if you have further queries.

All the best, my friend!
Solid advice there by fellow forumer above

Make sure to reapply under EIS next year for yll.
Curio is offline   Reply With Quote