BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS > Health Sciences (Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing)
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:32 PM   #1
whoamiiamspiderman

whoamiiamspiderman has a neutral reputation
Default Should I retake my A'Levels to have a better chance of getting shortlisted for medicine?

Hi Guys!

I just received my A level results recently and I've got
H2 Chemistry A
H2 Physics A
H2 Economics A
H2 Mathematics A
H1 GP C
H1 PW A
O Level HMT C6

UAS 87.5/90

Currently, I am still waiting for NUS to see if I'm shortlisted for the interview, meaning that chances seem to be rather slim.

I hope to hear from you guys to see if is it really worth it to retake A'Levels(I will need to retake all subjects right?) just to get a better GP grade and maintaining my other subject grades in order to have a better chance of getting into/being shortlisted for medicine locally.

I will be going into NS hence I will have 2 more years to wait. But I hope that I can do something to increase my chance of getting shortlisted instead of plain waiting. Hence, I hope that I can hear from you guys to see what advice you guys have.

Thank you so much guys
whoamiiamspiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:53 PM   #2
tsesoyum

tsesoyum has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoamiiamspiderman View Post
Hi Guys!

I just received my A level results recently and I've got
H2 Chemistry A
H2 Physics A
H2 Economics A
H2 Mathematics A
H1 GP C
H1 PW A
O Level HMT C6

UAS 87.5/90

Currently, I am still waiting for NUS to see if I'm shortlisted for the interview, meaning that chances seem to be rather slim.

I hope to hear from you guys to see if is it really worth it to retake A'Levels(I will need to retake all subjects right?) just to get a better GP grade and maintaining my other subject grades in order to have a better chance of getting into/being shortlisted for medicine locally.

I will be going into NS hence I will have 2 more years to wait. But I hope that I can do something to increase my chance of getting shortlisted instead of plain waiting. Hence, I hope that I can hear from you guys to see what advice you guys have.

Thank you so much guys
Honestly I think you still have a shot, I've heard of people getting into medicine with GP C! did you apply EIS though?
tsesoyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:55 PM   #3
whoamiiamspiderman

whoamiiamspiderman has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsesoyum View Post
Honestly I think you still have a shot, I've heard of people getting into medicine with GP C! did you apply EIS though?
i did not cuz i do not have an outstanding portfolio:/
whoamiiamspiderman is offline   Reply With Quote