BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas > UK
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:10 AM   #21
Elsy Lim

Elsy Lim has a neutral reputation

Sorry. Yes I do mean clinical* haha. And yeah APN requires maters Deere. But according to Singapore, it requires a master degree from NUS. APN is my current aim but I'm open to changes along the way!

Not looking at biomedical science because I'm already offered biological sciences by NTU direct year 2.

And after thinking through, I don't think I may apply for US unis

I'll stick to what I have for now! Thank you all for the information!
Elsy Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:47 AM   #22
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsy Lim View Post
Sorry. Yes I do mean clinical* haha. And yeah APN requires maters Deere. But according to Singapore, it requires a master degree from NUS. APN is my current aim but I'm open to changes along the way!
APN sg - 3 yrs of experience as RN
http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.s...on_as_apn.html

Good read - APN here options limited
http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.s...ice_21_May.pdf

Good read
http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/nursing/e...ay%20Baird.pdf

Saw a few American in SG as APN, don't know the their edu background. There are contact info, if they are kind to share you can learn alot
https://prs.moh.gov.sg/prs/internet/...yByName.action

Last edited by patryn33; 04-16-2015 at 02:26 AM.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:59 PM   #23
GuruMe

GuruMe has a neutral reputation

Most scholarships definitely come with a bond. 4 years for local grads, 6 years for overseas.

It might be advantageous to apply with A levels or IB but poly grads are definitely not ruled out.

If you want an edge in making your applications, feel free to head over to www.gurume.co.uk. We have tons of application resources including free personal statement samples from successful applicants, interview tips and videos and sharing sessions with successful applicants.

All the best!
GuruMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:24 AM   #24
zefang

zefang has a neutral reputation

Hi guys!

I came across this platform the other day when I was planning for my overseas studies called Flying Chalks. They help international students enhance their overseas studies experience like you can connect with friends that are going to the same university that you are going to and you can also ask for some advice from those who have been to that university. You can check out their website at www.flyingchalks.com or you can visit their Facebook Page here!

As far as I know, they have quite a few guides on universities in UK, such as, Oxford University, that provide information about accommodation, flights, food outlets, leisure activities, and even comprehensive information about the university and the country you are heading to! Hope this helps!!
zefang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:23 PM   #25
jessicat

jessicat has a neutral reputation

For top universities you have oxford cambridge, ucl, lse

for the mid tier universities you have russell group universities such as bristol, sheffield and durham.

Any unis than those are not really for the money.

My friend recently launched a personal statement editing firm www.wordsmithcollective.com It has editors who are from ivy leauges and oxbridge. It might help you get the offer you want!
jessicat is offline   Reply With Quote