BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS > Health Sciences (Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing)
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:23 PM   #231
sherry97

sherry97 has a neutral reputation

Hi all! Anyone got shortlisted via EIS?
sherry97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:26 PM   #232
benzene

benzene has a neutral reputation

Hi guys! It would be great if those who have applied via EIS can give a shoutout here. If you have any friends who have also applied via EIS, do update here once you've received the interview notification! 3 more days to wait, hoping for the best for everyone! =)
benzene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:29 PM   #233
sherry97

sherry97 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzene View Post
Hi guys! It would be great if those who have applied via EIS can give a shoutout here. If you have any friends who have also applied via EIS, do update here once you've received the interview notification! 3 more days to wait, hoping for the best for everyone! =)
hey Benzene! EIS applicant here. no news so far :/ i'm so worried
sherry97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #234
Noel

Noel has a neutral reputation

Hey guys!

I plan to use the EIS route. So I was wondering what are my chances? I am not a national athlete or sportswoman or school something. Would that significantly lower my chances of getting in?

For the people who successfully got in via EIS, what were your achievements? At the very most, I have been Chairperson of my CCA, had won EAGLES and my school's highest CCA Award. Also, I have quite a number of attachments lined up and some ad-hoc sessions of volunteering, although I am a long-term volunteer of TTSH. I don't have anything fancier than all that tho.

I really would appreciate your help in telling me how your experiences were like and how your portfolios looked like.

Thank you
Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #235
YTKimTaengu

YTKimTaengu has a neutral reputation

EIS route is v difficult and v few people enter through it, usually those who successfully got in through EIS are national players, have outstanding leadership and extracurricular portfolios, and whose family member is a doctor. And even so, they usually miss the COP of medicine by just a bit. By a bit i mean 85 lowest for your IGP. Almost 99% of the applicants (normal route and EIS) have done at least 2 work shadowing and tons of volunteering so that wouldn't make you stand out. Unless your volunteering helped raised funds overseas or set up some hospital or something then you may stand a chance. I have 1 friend who entered through EIS, he was an international chemistry olympiad medallist representing singapore and also a national shooter. He was from Raffles JC and scored 85 for his A levels. He applied through EIS and got it during his NS days. Judging from what you said about yourself, i dont think you stand a chance, sry. Consider overseas?