BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS > Health Sciences (Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing)
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:33 PM   #1
light5475

light5475 has a neutral reputation
Default Medicine portfolio submission for those enlisting into army

Hi everyone, I'm new here so please forgive me if I make any mistakes.

I'm actually trying for Medicine and I have one concern. This year the interviews will be conducted between April 6 to April 19 2016 and shortlisted candidates will probably be notified to submit their portfolio around that time as well.

I will be enlisting in the first week of April and I am aware that arrangements will be made to attend the interviews so that is not a problem. My concern however would be the submission of the portfolio itself. The submission is done via an online facility and since it will be my confinement period at that time, I will not have access to a computer for the first 3 weeks of April (probably), hence I would like to ask how the submission of the portfolio can be done, e.g. whether I will need to tell the people in-charge in army about this or whether I will have to get someone else to help me submit etc.

Hopefully people who were in this same situation would be able to offer some insight and advice. Thanks a lot~!
light5475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
Santos

Santos has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by light5475 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new here so please forgive me if I make any mistakes.

I'm actually trying for Medicine and I have one concern. This year the interviews will be conducted between April 6 to April 19 2016 and shortlisted candidates will probably be notified to submit their portfolio around that time as well.

I will be enlisting in the first week of April and I am aware that arrangements will be made to attend the interviews so that is not a problem. My concern however would be the submission of the portfolio itself. The submission is done via an online facility and since it will be my confinement period at that time, I will not have access to a computer for the first 3 weeks of April (probably), hence I would like to ask how the submission of the portfolio can be done, e.g. whether I will need to tell the people in-charge in army about this or whether I will have to get someone else to help me submit etc.

Hopefully people who were in this same situation would be able to offer some insight and advice. Thanks a lot~!
Backup plan: Prepare all your documents beforehand and arrange for someone to help you submit it.

Your sergeants and officers may not be that nice to let you have access to a computer to submit those documents. (I was somewhat in that situation and my sergeants did not permit that, so I was glad that I had a backup plan)
Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:08 AM   #3
light5475

light5475 has a neutral reputation

Thanks a lot for the reply! I'm gonna do just that.
light5475 is offline   Reply With Quote