BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS > Health Sciences (Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing)
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #11
M-Y

M-Y has a neutral reputation
Smile nus pharmacy discretionary admission

Hey all!

am applying to nus pharmacy thru discretionary admission so just wondering do they stipulate a required length for any recommendation letter we are submitting?

Many thanks!
M-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
saltsterlings

saltsterlings has a neutral reputation

Hi, I have already applied for pharmacy and in fact, I also applied thorugh discretionary admission. I just wrote an essay about myself and my passion, illustrating with examples, so I did not submit any recommendation form. Not sure if a letter is needed though. Anyway, I think there isnt any limit to the letter if you want to submit but it shldnt be too long (eg over 1 page).
saltsterlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #13
M-Y

M-Y has a neutral reputation

hey saltsterlings,

thanks for ur help (:
M-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #14
jess

jess has a neutral reputation

Has anyone been accepted by NUS pharm?
jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #15
hosxela

hosxela has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess View Post
Has anyone been accepted by NUS pharm?
don't think so! AAA/B safe to get in pharm or not?hmm
hosxela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #16
jess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosxela View Post
don't think so! AAA/B safe to get in pharm or not?hmm
hmm is your B chemistry or biology? I think it might be harder to get in with a B in these two subjects since they require "good passes in biology and chemistry". But it all depends on the quality of grades they get this year. Last year's 10th percentile was AAA/B but I'm pretty sure it would rise this year since it's THE dragon and horse batches.

I'm just a little worried because i heard from my friend today that her friend got accepted into pharmacy already but i haven't been ><
Old 03-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #17
hosxela

hosxela has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess View Post
hmm is your B chemistry or biology? I think it might be harder to get in with a B in these two subjects since they require "good passes in biology and chemistry". But it all depends on the quality of grades they get this year. Last year's 10th percentile was AAA/B but I'm pretty sure it would rise this year since it's THE dragon and horse batches.

I'm just a little worried because i heard from my friend today that her friend got accepted into pharmacy already but i haven't been ><
haha my B is for econs and GP. wah so fast got accepted? i tot pharmacy haven started accepting people. HMMM..scary. my 1st choice is med..but coz of my results haven been shortlisted yet. so if i receive the pharm letter or any other letter from my other choices then my med no hope alr. haha
hosxela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #18
chemistryboi

chemistryboi has a neutral reputation

i have frens receiving offers for FoS and FASS alrdy. and my other fren who's applying med got her notification to submit her essay and her interview timeslot also. i havent got anything man.
chemistryboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #19
jess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosxela View Post
haha my B is for econs and GP. wah so fast got accepted? i tot pharmacy haven started accepting people. HMMM..scary. my 1st choice is med..but coz of my results haven been shortlisted yet. so if i receive the pharm letter or any other letter from my other choices then my med no hope alr. haha
Yay i got my letter of acceptance for pharmacy today!! ^^
Old 03-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #20
Ashearo

Ashearo has a neutral reputation

I have friends who got accepted into Pharmacy and received their letters last Friday. And friends who got shortlisted for Medicine last week also. For those who applied to Medicine/Law/Dentistry, as long as you receive nothing from the other faculties, means you still have hopes to get shortlisted. Patience.....

What I say is my OWN opinion
Ashearo is offline   Reply With Quote