BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS > Health Sciences (Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing)
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:49 PM   #931
Louie Liew

Louie Liew has a neutral reputation

anyone got into pharmacy with 85.5 UAS last year? what are my chances? 5%?
Louie Liew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:09 PM   #932
Lynux

Lynux has a neutral reputation

starting course this august, and decided to read up a bit. Which modules are more difficult? So that I can read up now and not find myself struggling when I enter
Lynux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #933
Louie Liew

Louie Liew has a neutral reputation

NTU Double Degree in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering with Economics or NUS Pharmacy is harder to get in?
Louie Liew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #934
Pharmacy Rag 2015

Pharmacy Rag 2015 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynux View Post
starting course this august, and decided to read up a bit. Which modules are more difficult? So that I can read up now and not find myself struggling when I enter
Hey Lynux! NUS Pharmacy Rag Committee 2015 is starting a special program for the freshmen called JumpStart! If you are interested in knowing more about the modules for Year 1s, do sign up or just come down to our programme!

For more information, you can visit the Pharmacy Rag Facebook page
Pharmacy Rag 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:14 PM   #935
SodiumChloride

SodiumChloride has a neutral reputation

Hi! Just asking if anyone has already received an offer from NUS pharmacy for the 2016 applications? Quite anxious because I have already received an offer from NTU! Does anyone have any idea when does NUS actually send out offers for pharmacy?

I heard that FASS and Science have already sent out offers. If that is the case (esp for Science), Pharmacy should be right behind the corners in terms of sending out offers.
SodiumChloride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:45 PM   #936
Gurijin

Gurijin has a neutral reputation

Hi is anyone considered under DA for pharm? Does anyone roughly know what are the questions being asked for the DA interview?
Gurijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #937
waterbender1997

waterbender1997 has a neutral reputation

Hey there currently enrolled in NUS Pharmacy. To those worrying about their cut-off points, here is what I know from the AY16/17 intake. Pharmacy, Medicine and Dentistry all have the same cut-off point of 87.5 just that the latter two have further interviews to be conducted. Anyone having a score below 87.5 will need to go through the DA/EIS. Following the admission trends, Pharmacy is shrinking its intake to avoid oversupply of pharmacists in industry, hospitals and retail as full employment is about to be reached - so expect admissions to become even more competitive. As far as I know, Dentistry is maintaining its intake at 54 and Medicine is very gradually increasing its intake to have more doctors.
waterbender1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:52 AM   #938
Angryboyboy

Angryboyboy has a neutral reputation

Good luk all. Add only 25 to dex and pump the rest in luk
Angryboyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:38 PM   #939
Brokenheartedx

Brokenheartedx has a neutral reputation

Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone has gotten the offer from NUS Pharmacy? I actually applied quite early but still haven't gotten any response even though the NUS online facility indicated that my documents were processed about a month ago and I'm starting to get worried.. my RP's 87.75 with MTL btw, I wonder if I'll get into Pharm ):
Brokenheartedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:32 PM   #940
Jasmine855

Jasmine855 has a neutral reputation
Default Should I choose pharmacy?

I have been offered to study Chemistry & Biological Chemistry at NTU, but I am still waiting for NUS's offer for pharmacy.

As Chem is my favourite subject, I applied for chem &pharmacy. Upon graduation I might be interested in doing research related to drugs. However I am not too sure yet as I don't know much about research and a teacher told me that it takes resilience to be a research esp when your research keeps failing. So I was suggested to gain some research experience in uni and ask the professors for advice.

I went to the tea party in NTU and spoke to a chem student. She told me that if I were to study pharmacy, I can hardly become a drugs researcher as a chem student would be better at it cuz its fundamentally about organic chem. Thus I am confused about which path to take ><
Jasmine855 is offline   Reply With Quote