BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS > Health Sciences (Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing)
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #11
Ashearo

Ashearo has a neutral reputation

If anyone needs Root Canal Treatment, Crowns or Bridges, please PM me.

You SHOULD exhibit the following symptoms that indicate you should be seeking treatment, whether with us, or not.

Root Canal Treatment

1. The tooth (usually front teeth) was exposed to some form of mechanical injury or trauma before (such as a punch, a fall etc) and is starting to turn black in colour.

2. You are experiencing pain when you eat or drink hot or cold food or drinks, or sweet stuff. The pain can be for a short while or for a long time after consumption. If you are experiencing pain that keeps you awake at night, it is high time you seek treatment.

3. You start to have a swelling in your gum next to a tooth (may or may not be painful) and you may start having funny tastes in your mouth.

Crowns

1. You have had a large restoration placed on a tooth and it keeps falling off after multiple replacements. It happens. It doesn't necessarily mean that your previous dentist is incompetent. It just means that the tooth can no longer retain the filling properly.

2. You have had root canal treatment done before but could not afford to complete the treatment as crowning was too expensive.

3. You are able to see that your tooth is very badly decayed.

Bridges

1. You have lost a few teeth for whatever reasons and there are spaces between the remaining teeth that you would like to fill up. Usually the front teeth for aesthetics reasons, and the back teeth for functional reasons.

2. You are wearing partial dentures that replace only a few teeth and you would like to have a more permanent solution.

This list is not exhaustive. If i think of more i will add it here.

What I say is my OWN opinion
Ashearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #12
appleye

appleye has a neutral reputation

Hi, my name is Apple from NuS. noticed that you thread was posted last year Nov, so i am wondering if you still need patients now?
appleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #13
Ashearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleye View Post
Hi, my name is Apple from NuS. noticed that you thread was posted last year Nov, so i am wondering if you still need patients now?
It depends on what treatment you are looking for. Generally, we always need patients as a faculty. Just drop me a PM and tell me about what you are looking for

Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #14
yugiohja

yugiohja has a neutral reputation

Hi, I'm interested in putting on braces. Does the school provide this service or is it only a diagnosis?
yugiohja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #15
Ashearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugiohja View Post
Hi, I'm interested in putting on braces. Does the school provide this service or is it only a diagnosis?
Yes the postgraduate students (those studying to become Orthodontists) will do the braces for you at a price of $2200 (thereabout). Undergrads will do the examination and diagnosis. If you are interested, you can PM me.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #16
ver4444

ver4444 has a neutral reputation

Hi, I will need a root canal treatment and my gf will need to do a crowns for the root canal treatment she had a few month back. We are in financial difficulty, can you help? And how much will it cost? Or is there any contact we can call? Look forward for your reply. Thanks.
ver4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #17
Ashearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ver4444 View Post
Hi, I will need a root canal treatment and my gf will need to do a crowns for the root canal treatment she had a few month back. We are in financial difficulty, can you help? And how much will it cost? Or is there any contact we can call? Look forward for your reply. Thanks.
Please check your private messages inbox.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
frolick

frolick has a neutral reputation

Hello Ashearo, I have sent you a PM. Thank you.
frolick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #19
Glovek8

Glovek8 has a neutral reputation

Hi, i'm looking to make braces for my tooth as there are many spaces in between.. may I know how much will it cost? can i just call the dental centre in NUS and get an appointment with the students? Thanks
Glovek8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #20
Lynnzee

Lynnzee has a neutral reputation

Hi Ashearo, I have sent you a PM.

Thanks!
Lynnzee is offline   Reply With Quote