BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #21
^_^

^_^ has a neutral reputation

I was called down for a DA interview and test for Computing (Computer Science) next week. So i was wondering if anyone can give me an idea about what to expect for the test. Responses would be greatly appreciated
^_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #22
xiuen

xiuen has a neutral reputation

ME TOO, my interview on 10th may. I have been searching help and i can't find any! It's like so rare. Please help! What questions would they ask! What are the test questions! TYVM.
xiuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #23
^_^

^_^ has a neutral reputation

Good to know that someone is going for the interview.

My interview date is on 5 May.
^_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #24
derangedd

derangedd has a neutral reputation

omg you guys are scaring me.....applied for CS through DA and have yet to receive offer/interview date. I got a UAS of 78.75 which is borderline so im kinda worried.....

edit: application status got changed back to "received" as of today
2nd edit: just got accepted!!

Last edited by derangedd; 04-27-2011 at 06:25 PM.
derangedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #25
xiuen

xiuen has a neutral reputation

rare com sci interview-nobody help. : | congrats btw.
xiuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #26
Ramamamama

Ramamamama has a neutral reputation

Heard that Comp Sci almost half the cohort are foreigners is it true?
Ramamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:34 AM   #27
keith90

keith90 has a neutral reputation

Hi I'm graduates from nyp with gpa of 3.84,diploma in electronic, computer, and communication engineerig so I have actually being offered computer science by NUS but I am very interested in programming machine with different types of processors, so I have appeal for electrical engineering but what I just find out is that computer engineering is much more better and if I changed my appealing course to computer engineering, will my chance of appealing successfully is high ? Or should I just stick to electrical engineering ? Computer science is my fourth choice and computer engineering is my third choice.
keith90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #28
rchl

rchl has a neutral reputation

i just got accepted into nus computing science (info systems) and i'm quite half hearted to accept their offer because 1. it is sort of a dumping ground 2. im not really interested in it. (i'm interested in business aspect but i don't think i'll do well in the IT side?). I heard it is really competitive too ): And is it easy to score? I'm very confused cos I don't want to regret my decision.

Btw I heard you could transfer to another course if I do well enough in year 1. Is it true?
rchl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #29
vicky

vicky has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchl View Post
i just got accepted into nus computing science (info systems) and i'm quite half hearted to accept their offer because 1. it is sort of a dumping ground 2. im not really interested in it. (i'm interested in business aspect but i don't think i'll do well in the IT side?). I heard it is really competitive too ): And is it easy to score? I'm very confused cos I don't want to regret my decision.

Btw I heard you could transfer to another course if I do well enough in year 1. Is it true?
If you are not interested in IT better dun choose computing. The coding and labs will make you go nuts if you are new to them while the rest of your course mates are like pros. One more point, many IT pros from overseas.

Regarding transfer better not to risk. My friend failed to transfer with a cap 4.2 in first sem.

Btw how you know you got accepted? Letter? Cos its sat sorta weird they will update the online portal.
vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #30
rchl

rchl has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky View Post
If you are not interested in IT better dun choose computing. The coding and labs will make you go nuts if you are new to them while the rest of your course mates are like pros. One more point, many IT pros from overseas.

Regarding transfer better not to risk. My friend failed to transfer with a cap 4.2 in first sem.

Btw how you know you got accepted? Letter? Cos its sat sorta weird they will update the online portal.
at first they sent me rejection letter then they sent me letter of acceptance saying this letter supersedes the previous letter.

it is not that i'm not entirely interested in IT but i'm just okay with it but I can't see myself actually doing it.
Which course did your friend try to transfer to?
rchl is offline   Reply With Quote