BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas > UK
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
Run

Run has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by day_dreamer92 View Post
So the personal statement is not due in August? Thanks for answering!! I thought I was going to miss the uk application deadline.
No, it's not.
What I say is reflective my own opinion, not that of the BrightSparks Administration nor that of other moderators. Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.

Local Moderator - Overseas: US
Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:07 AM   #12
airfighter27

airfighter27 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rui View Post
Just to add on to Run's reply, you may wish to refer to this application process flowchart by UCAS.
That is very useful. Thank you! by the way, the calender on top is quite confusing. May want to substitute this for that.
airfighter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #13
rui

rui has a neutral reputation

Those who are applying to Cambridge, make sure you submit your UCAS application by 20 Sep, this coming Monday. Additionally, if you haven't already mailed your Cambridge Overseas Application Form (COAF), it has to reach Cambridge by 15 Oct.

Oxford, now that it apparently does not conduct overseas interviews anymore, only has the 15 Oct deadline for UCAS submission.

Best of luck to all!

[EDIT: Oops, a misinformation here. Has since been rectified - Thanks edthy.]
Nota bene: What I say reflects purely my own opinion; it may not be definitive, and in no way representative of BrightSparks. Do exercise your own discretion in assimilating the information in coming up with your own opinions and decisions.

Local Moderator - UK

Last edited by rui; 09-14-2010 at 09:59 PM.
rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #14
edthy

edthy has a neutral reputation

isn't oxford deadline 15 oct?
edthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #15
chris_mc726

chris_mc726 has a neutral reputation

Hmmm. Am I consider late to apply now for Law through UCAS? Cuz I'm worried that most of the places had been offered to other students
chris_mc726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #16
rui

rui has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_mc726 View Post
Hmmm. Am I consider late to apply now for Law through UCAS? Cuz I'm worried that most of the places had been offered to other students
You aren't late, if you aren't applying for Oxbridge. Application doesn't close until 15 Jan 2011.
Nota bene: What I say reflects purely my own opinion; it may not be definitive, and in no way representative of BrightSparks. Do exercise your own discretion in assimilating the information in coming up with your own opinions and decisions.

Local Moderator - UK
rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #17
Haecceity

Haecceity has a neutral reputation

To add on to rui's comment: Late application (for foreign students) is open until 30 June as well. But the later you apply, the more likely that the university you're interested in would have offered its available places.
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
Haecceity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #18
chris_mc726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haecceity View Post
To add on to rui's comment: Late application (for foreign students) is open until 30 June as well. But the later you apply, the more likely that the university you're interested in would have offered its available places.
Hmmm. Cuz I am applying Law(M100) this week. Hope there is still places available
Old 11-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #19
Haecceity

Haecceity has a neutral reputation

Don't worry, there'll definitely be places available! Places won't start to close until 15 Jan 2011, as rui has mentioned. Good luck!

P.s. mind if I ask what unis you're applying to?
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
Haecceity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #20
chris_mc726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haecceity View Post
Don't worry, there'll definitely be places available! Places won't start to close until 15 Jan 2011, as rui has mentioned. Good luck!

P.s. mind if I ask what unis you're applying to?
Exeter,Leeds,Sheffield,Southampon and Liverpool.