BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Previous Cycles
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #281
Bernard Khong

Bernard Khong has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nshuling View Post
Anyone looking at/already received conditional/unconditional offers to study at Coventry University/Glasgow Caledonian University/Queen Margaret University this year (2012). (Allied health).
I know that Glasgow Caledonian is a wee bit slow in giving out offers when QMU or Coventry might have already given out conditional offers.

Did you manage to speak to the Coventry representative when she was here in Singapore?

If you need to ask her any queries, I will be delighted to help!
Bernard Khong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #282
Nshuling

Nshuling has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottessohn View Post
Hey! Where do you refer to when you are choosing university for your final year conversion? But I'm doing Dr :-)
Hi Gottessohn,

I choose based on where seniors have gone, whether there is honours programme, what sort of modules the universities have and what choices are available for students etc.

Not easy to make a decision though, to be honest. Perhaps you may ask your DR seniors?
Nshuling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #283
Nshuling

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilingbeans View Post
Hello Nshuling! I just did my A-s last year and will be entering either poly this year, or uni next year (if I get the overseas scholarship!). I hope to do OT too! Hmm did you study at NYP? If so, do you mind telling me a bit more about the culture and environment there? Much appreciated! Thanks!
Hi boiling beans,

Yes I studied in NYP, and will officially graduate in May (though we have sort of graduated unofficially already).

I suppose you already know what OT is about so I am not going to talk about it? As for the culture and environment, I would say that the course of study can be quite intensive. In Year 1, there will be more textbook and content-based modules regarding the sciences (e.g. physiology and anatomy) and introduction to OT process. Year 2 will be a mixture of both which can be quite intensive (as there will be prac exams and theory exams), while year 3 will involve a lot of group projects, discussion and final year project and will focus more on the application aspect. The most intensive part to me, would be the clinical placements.

Overall, I would say that it can be rather intensive at certain points during the course of study, but what you learn is quite fun! Especially when you get to apply them during clinical placements. The studying environment is similar to what we have been used to in Singapore, just like how we studied in JC and all.

As for culture, I think it is hard to put into words though. It is probably a bit unlike what our peers have experienced in Universities (especially the independence part), but it is not totally different as well. Though I would say that interpersonal skills is one very critical area to develop when you enter this course.

Long answer hahaha, I hope this helps !
Old 03-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #284
Nshuling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Khong View Post
I know that Glasgow Caledonian is a wee bit slow in giving out offers when QMU or Coventry might have already given out conditional offers.

Did you manage to speak to the Coventry representative when she was here in Singapore?

If you need to ask her any queries, I will be delighted to help!
Hi Bernard,

Thank you! I see. Currently I am quite interested in pursuing the degree in Glasgow Caledonian, while Coventry and the local programme are my second choices. But I have not received any conditional offer from GCU though the rest have already responded....

I didn't get to speak to her, though I managed to email her regarding the queries I have . Thank you so much !
Old 09-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #285
ellwhy

ellwhy has a neutral reputation
Default UK degree conversion prog for OT

Hello!

Does anybody know which universities in UK offer deg conversion for OT? From this thread, have gathered that QMU and GCU offer tt. Found out from QMU website that their prog is only for distant learning, and I cannot find any info on GCU. Will really appreciate some help here!
ellwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #286
Bernard Khong

Bernard Khong has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwhy View Post
Hello!

Does anybody know which universities in UK offer deg conversion for OT? From this thread, have gathered that QMU and GCU offer tt. Found out from QMU website that their prog is only for distant learning, and I cannot find any info on GCU. Will really appreciate some help here!
Hi,

QMU will be flying down to Singapore on 21st November from 11am - 2pm at AUG Singapore, 7 Maxwell Road, MND Complex Annex B #02-100, S0691111

You can call AUG Singapore at 62270380 to arrange for an appointment

For GCU, they will be coming down for an Education Fair on 6th and 7th Oct 2012 at Singapore Conference Hall, 7 Shenton Way from 11am to 6pm.

Maybe you'll like to inform your friends about this too! For more information, you can email [email protected]
Bernard Khong is offline   Reply With Quote