BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Previous Cycles
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
heis0705cherish

heis0705cherish has a neutral reputation
Default Ministry of Health, Jurong Health Services, Alexandra Hospital, National Healthcare Group, Singapore Health Services Scholarships 2011

HI ALL! im a year 1 occupational therapy student @ nyp. I just received my results and i think i did pretty well. I was wondering if there is any occupational therapy students who had taken up the NHG/Singhealth 3+1 scholarship? I would really like to know what kind of students they are looking for & the min. (or at least a rough gauge) GPA that is required. THANK YOU!
heis0705cherish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
ennovy2510

ennovy2510 has a neutral reputation
Default Masters in Occupational Therapy

Hello! Does anyone know if MOH gives out scholarship for postgraduate studies overseas in OT? I graduated from NUS last yr with a degree in Psychology. Following, I applied for postgraduate courses in OT and was offered a place in Uni Syd to do Masters in Occupational Therapy starting 2011, but I did not take it up cos I was not offered any scholarships from NCSS, KKH, Rainbow etc. And it was too late for me to apply for MOH's scholarship ):

I want to try again next year. Just finding out if MOH does offer? Anyone knows? please offer me some advise too! thanks a million!
ennovy2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
Ashearo

Ashearo has a neutral reputation

MOH offers OT for undergrad.. but you should try sending them an email and asking for a scholarship since you already got yourself a place.

What I say is my OWN opinion
Ashearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
miracles

miracles has a neutral reputation
Smile

Hi all, I'm currently taking my Alevels this year. I am interested in the 3+1 health science scholarship for physio or OT in nyp. Would any student currently studying there mind answering some of my questions?

1. How is the teaching style like?

2. What are the grades requirements to get into the course/scholarship?

3. How many students get accepted into the course each year?

Hmm, i'll post more i have some more questions

Thanks alot!
miracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
mentholatum

mentholatum has a neutral reputation

Hi guys, im a female, just finished my A levels. Im interested in applying for some allied health scholarship to study physiotherapy overseas (aussie).

Do i need to apply for the Australian university course beforehand? I do not want to take a gap year..

Also, anyone knows which australian uni offers the best physio course?

thanks!
mentholatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
Haecceity

Haecceity has a neutral reputation

You apply for both the scholarship and the university concurrently.

Note that the Aussie universities start the aademic year in February, with the second term in July. Sometimes, you can enter in July - you need to check the course and university to be sure.

Good luck.
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
Haecceity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
mao1990

mao1990 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennovy2510 View Post
Hello! Does anyone know if MOH gives out scholarship for postgraduate studies overseas in OT? I graduated from NUS last yr with a degree in Psychology. Following, I applied for postgraduate courses in OT and was offered a place in Uni Syd to do Masters in Occupational Therapy starting 2011, but I did not take it up cos I was not offered any scholarships from NCSS, KKH, Rainbow etc. And it was too late for me to apply for MOH's scholarship ):

I want to try again next year. Just finding out if MOH does offer? Anyone knows? please offer me some advise too! thanks a million!
Not that I know of. Unless you are working for MOH or any govt hospitals, if not i dun think you are eligible for a post grad scholarship.
mao1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
mao1990

mao1990 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentholatum View Post
Hi guys, im a female, just finished my A levels. Im interested in applying for some allied health scholarship to study physiotherapy overseas (aussie).

Do i need to apply for the Australian university course beforehand? I do not want to take a gap year..

Also, anyone knows which australian uni offers the best physio course?

thanks!
Hi great that you are interested in physio For most cases, physio in aussie will commence on Feb term only. That explains why most of the physio scholars will need to take a gap year upon receiving their scholarship. So I think you will have to take a gap year if you want a scholarship.
mao1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
lcy123

lcy123 has a neutral reputation

hello i just took my A lvls last yr and currently i am waiting to enter army. i would like to ask if it is possible for me to apply when my results are released? and do i need to also apply for the university that i want to enter?
lcy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #10
mortpenguin

Default Ministry of Health, Alexandra Hospital, National Healthcare Group, Singapore Health Services Scholarships

This is the official thread for the scholarships provided by the various healthcare agencies for this year's window. Post any queries or tips here!

The official scholarship page can be found here: http://student.brightsparks.com.sg/p...moh/index.php?

Last edited by acidgal; 03-03-2011 at 06:14 PM.